US$104
US$104
ComfortInn
No availability for your dates from these sites
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsfelt safein townhidden gemhot waterbed was comfortablefree wifino frillsreasonable priceoff the highwaystaff was friendlymicrowavechainpass
Reviewed 3 September 2017

This is a run down motel that I should have avoided. My room had a refrigerator but it had been turned off and smelled like rotting death when I opened it. The worn out upholstered chair in the room looked like Annie Oakley may have used it. The door was a bit wonky and made the deadbolt very difficult to engage. Crickets in the bathroom. The tv screen was good. The oddest thing is that when I arrived to check in, there was a sign saying "be back in 30 minutes" so I had to wait around, ok no big deal. But the next morning I went to get ice and when I got back to the room, the card key would not let me back in. So I go to the office to get it fixed ... there's that sign again "be back in 30 minutes". 8am on a Sunday morning and I'm locked out of my room with nothing but the card key. No phone, no car keys, nothing. 9am the guy shows up and says I'm lucky he came because he is off that day. A nice enough man, he explains that he does not even work there, he is just looking after the place while the owner is away. And he complains that the owner has been away a lot so it's all he can do to keep up and he's angry about it. As for me, I'm angry too. I'll gladly spend another $40 to avoid a place like this.

Room Tip: I doubt there are any 'good' rooms here.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2017

wanted a cheap room off the highway. While this is a few miles down the road in town, it was more than adequate. Nice to take a break from the chain motels. Bed was fairly decent, shower hot... also had a microwave and frig, and some old school furnishings/decor. Very cozy. Only issue I had was getting the wifi to work. It was too late to call and inquire about it, so I just used my phone as a hotspot.

Nice little town... wish I had more time to spend here. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Not sure why but this motel gave my son and I the creeps. It was loud, smelly and across the parking lot were the weekly room rentals. I think there are more weekly rooms than guest rooms. The place looked clean but it didn't feel clean. Needless to say we packed up and left. I didn't care that I lost the room payment.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Darlene N
Reviewed 8 April 2017

We checked in at 1:30 am to the first place we came across happy to have found a room. The front desk guy was very friendly even though we woke him up. The room was as tired as we were. The furniture was worn, the sheets were yellowed, and you could see to the outside around the air conditioner. The best thing about it was the price.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oscarscan
Reviewed 5 April 2017

This motel is a "hidden gem"! My wife and I stayed there last week on our way east through Kansas. It was exactly what we needed. Nothing fancy, but very reasonably priced and run by a friendly, helpful, competent family. We got upgraded to a king bed room, without requesting it, because the owner said it would be nicer because I was tall. The room and entire motel is cute, quaint, comfortable, and quiet. We got a great night of sleep, which was just what we needed. The bed was so comfortable, and the TV was large. The bathroom was "retro" and cute. We felt safe and relaxed there, on the town's main street but away from the "main drag" noise and truck stops. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Get a king size bed on the street side (outer side) of motel. It was nice and quiet there.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple