DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 15 August 2017

For those out there who have read my reviews, you know that I truly love the Hilton brand but I have to tell you I was really surprised and disappointed at my stay at the DoubleTree here in Kansas.
The person at the desk had a challenging time checking me in. I made sure she understood what room I would like (high floor, king suite, near elevator) and she confirmed this.
When I get to the room, it is very small (20 x 25 feet) with two full-size beds. When I call downstairs, I am told that is the room that was reserved and she hung up. Knowing that I will be here for less than 8 hours, it was not worth my time arguing.
Next issue- try to find a plug? The only plugs that are available are the two in the bathroom!! I mean really?
I could continue, but I think you get the picture. As for the rest of my review, the hotel is a Hilton property. That said, it was spotless and all the employees were impeccably dressed. The room (other than above), was equally spotless with a small fridge. The bath was just tiny but well appointed. The hot water was very hot. The wireless was very fast and I had no issues there.
Overall impression: If I received the room that I requested, I think it would have been a perfect stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you receive the room you would like. There is smoking throughout the hotel and pets are m...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Christian A, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Michael M,

Thank you for the review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind words in regards to the guest room and some of the staff, but do apologize we were not able to create the perfect stay for you. Your comments about check-in will certainly help in working with front desk staff in ways that we should not be conducting our business. The issues with the plug-ins will be fixed as we will be going under a full renovation before the end of the year. We hope you may give us another shot next time you are in the area. Thanks for staying with us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Hotel staff was great!!! The beds were another story - one of the slacs broke in one of our beds - we had a 2 bed room. The staff was excellent in getting in changed but the hotel needs new mattresses - even with the slac being fixed both beds sunk down in the middle

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear 250vedaw,

We appreciate the review about your recent stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel staff! We are sorry the beds were not quite up to the Hilton standard you have become accustomed to but do thank you for the feedback. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Arrived as a late check-in. Check in was smooth however it was hard to find a parking spot. The rooms were nice. Hotel offered a breakfast buffet price of $10 at check in, otherwise the breakfast buffet was $16.95. I chose the $10 option as I would not pay $16.95 for a breakfast. After eating at the $10 rate, I'm not really sure what would make it a $16.95 breakfast. Lots of road construction but that isn't the hotels fault.

Stayed: July 2017
Christian A, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Randy H,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We are pleased to hear the check-in went smoothly and that you liked the rooms, but do apologize about the breakfast experience. We hope you may stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

The hotel lobby and outside area are fine. The rooms need to be updated. The wallpaper near the shower was peeling, the tables were dusty and the toilet wasn't cleaned thoroughly. I hope they update soon.

Dear davette35,

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. We do apologize that we weren't able to present you with an exceptional stay. Your comments will be utilized as we continually work to improve our hotel and guest experience. We are scheduled for a full-renovation before the end of the year so we hope you may give us another chance again in the future. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

The Doubletree in Overland Park is excellent. The staff was attentive to my needs and provided a wonderful experience. Love the cookie on check-in and after a long day of training on day 2, the cookie helped revive me! After all it is all about the Cookie!! Seriously, if you need a great hotel to use, I suggest the Doubletree!!

Dear cndirector1,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are so glad you enjoy the cookie at check-in! It is a DoubleTree staple. We also appreciate the comments about the staff and will make everyone aware that their hard work does not go unnoticed. Thank you for staying with us!