1,147 results
All reviews double tree cookies breakfast buffet business trip kansas city front desk staff soccer tournament upon check easy access bed was comfortable staff was friendly omelet conference highway teams ks
Reviewed 21 November 2017

Had the opportunity to stay at the Overland Park Double Tree hotel last weekend.
The hotel is truly a mixed bag to review. The location is very convenient. The bed is quite comfortable and the rooms are clean. So it isn't at all a bad choice, especially for the value. But it is showing it's age with very worn carpet in the room and one of the slowest front desks I've experienced in years. It seems this place has become the go to hotel for kids sports teams and the entire place was over run with kids in the lobby and on every floor. Maybe my timing was just poor? But the front desk had only 1.5 employees. I say 1.5 because the one girl needed the other to assist with most check-ins and this resulting in the net effect of having just one competent person at the front desk during a very busy time. So for the two days I was there the front desk was a mess to deal with. I asked for the roll away bed in the corner of my room to be removed. But it never happened so I pushed it out into the hall way where it stayed.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christian A, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear O2006,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your most recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize about falling short in making your stay a positive experience. Your comments will help us as we continually strive to improve our hotel and guest experience. We do thank you for the positive comments about the rooms and location. We hope you may stay with us again next time you are in Overland Park.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

I had a mouse in my room. The lobby and room smelled like sewage. Staff wouldn’t light the outside fireplace. Staff did offer me a new room, but figured there could be mice there as well. Looks like they need to do some extensive plumbing repairs.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear jonathanpZ4285AO,

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize about the less than exceptional stay you experienced. The issues you mentioned are not normal of our hotel and staff and they will be followed-up upon with their respective departments. We hope you may give us another shot next time you are in Overland Park.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

DoubleTree is always a good choice. No complaints about the stay. Comfortable room complete with a mini fridge. Nice size bathroom. The location of the hotel is our main concern. It's close to most of the major shopping areas and is located right on a very nice running/multi-use trail system, which we utilize every time we visit this location. Digital key room access using your cell phone is also a plus. I've yet to lose a phone, but I misplace a room key at some point nearly every trip I take.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Max&Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are so glad you were able to enjoy some of the amazing amenities the hotel has to offer like our walking trails and the Digital Key! We can't we to see you back in the near future!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I chose this hotel because it's in a great area and I love the Hilton brand. The lobby is pleasant and check-in was quick and easy. We were on the 2nd floor and when we walked in our room it smelled like sewer. We decided to go to dinner and when we returned it seemed better. Within an hour of falling asleep the smell returned and became much stronger. I tried to sleep with the sheet over my face to avoid the smell, but this didn't work well. I woke up over and over from the smell which also gave me a sore throat. The carpet was also very dingy and dirty. When we went to the desk at 2:00 AM they didn't seem to care so we checked out 2 days early and moved to another hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Christian A, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear 366tressym,

Thank you for your response and feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry about your less than pleasant experience. Your comments will help us as we follow-up with housekeeping and the front desk so we may avoid similar situations in the future. If you would like to speak further about the matter, please do not hesitate to contact me at christian.andrick@hilton.com. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

This hotel was recommended by a race website we used to sign up for a half marathon. The staff is friendly and we had no problem checking in or out. The rooms were old and outdated. Ours had a funny smell like old cigarettes. The sink and bathtub didn't have stoppers. The bedding was very nice and comfy. If we hadn't been there for just a night, I would have made a fuss but we were only there to sleep and shower so it was ok.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear mauibean,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate the feedback and are very sorry about the issues you experienced in your room. We are pleased to hear your enjoyed the bed and the front desk and will share the positives with our team. We hope you may stay with us again in the future.