1,123 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesbreakfast buffetcorner roombusiness tripkansas cityfront desk staffsoccer tournamenteasy accessbed was comfortablekc areastaff was friendlyomeletconferencehighwayks
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Very nice hotel with friendly staff, it has a nice location with easy on and off the highway, the rooms were clean with cozy beds, the restaurant had a very good breakfast with friendly staff and the pool area was very nice

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Christian A, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear pamr863,

We thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. It is fantastic to hear the great comments about your stay! We are pleased you were able to enjoy some of the many amenities the hotel has to offer including our large pool and breakfast. We hope to see you again soon next time you are in Overland Park!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Doubletree. It has a beautiful lobby area, and we love the full breakfast complete with omelet station that comes with our Hilton Gold. After returning home, I realized I had left my eyeglass case which had my sunglasses clip in it. I called the Doubletree to explain. Within the hour they called back saying they had my case. When we returned to the hotel the following week, they had saved it for me. Love that good service!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear NancyinDerby,

Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel and staff! We sincerely appreciate the feedback and will surly pass along the good news to the staff! We thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and will have a warm cookie waiting for you next time you are back!

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Courteous staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds, great breakfast. Hotel has a little age on it but is in a great location with plenty of parking. Only knock on this hotel and it is considerable is the lack of individually controlled HVAC in the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear 485glennj,

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the staff, rooms and breakfast. It is unfortunate, however, to hear of your issues with the HVAC unit in your room. Your comments will be passed along to our maintenance team. We hope you will stya wiith us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

The good thing about my wife's stay here with our granddaughter was the room was fixed up for the American Girl experience...the sad news is the room was worn, not well kept at all and was borderline nasty. The carpet in our room was terribly worn in our room, the bathroom was in bad need of deep cleaning, and it just isn't what I'd expect at a hilton Property. There's worn, and then there's needing a severe good cleaning and some maintenance. The restaurant was worn out, nasty, took her going through six bowls to fins a clean one for our granddaughter's cereal. The buffet was ice cold. Super poor quality for a Hilton Restaurant.

Room Tip: Wouldn't stay here unless remodeled.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Christian A, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Kansas City - Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear Michael W,

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel with the American Girl Doll package. We are pleased to hear the granddaughter did enjoy that part of the stay. However, it is concerning to hear your other remarks and those comments will be passed along to our maintenance team to work on as well as our restaurant for their mishaps. We are glad you chose Hilton and hope you will choose us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Had the opportunity to stay at the Overland Park Double Tree hotel last weekend.
The hotel is truly a mixed bag to review. The location is very convenient. The bed is quite comfortable and the rooms are clean. So it isn't at all a bad choice, especially for the value. But it is showing it's age with very worn carpet in the room and one of the slowest front desks I've experienced in years. It seems this place has become the go to hotel for kids sports teams and the entire place was over run with kids in the lobby and on every floor. Maybe my timing was just poor? But the front desk had only 1.5 employees. I say 1.5 because the one girl needed the other to assist with most check-ins and this resulting in the net effect of having just one competent person at the front desk during a very busy time. So for the two days I was there the front desk was a mess to deal with. I asked for the roll away bed in the corner of my room to be removed. But it never happened so I pushed it out into the hall way where it stayed.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear O2006,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your most recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize about falling short in making your stay a positive experience. Your comments will help us as we continually strive to improve our hotel and guest experience. We do thank you for the positive comments about the rooms and location. We hope you may stay with us again next time you are in Overland Park.