“Late lunch”

Unforked
Ranked #19 of 513 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Craving fresh, flavorful street food that is fast, affordable and rich in nutrients? Then Sheridan's Unforked is the place for you! We're re-defining "fast-casual" in fit-tastic, flavor-splosive new ways.
Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

Ordered the BFF tacos, fries and the double hamburger. All very tasty though the tacos were not your usual variety. Though I ordered corn tortillas they seemed more like flour as they were not deep fried. This is no doubt healthier but not the same. Very good though. Staff nice, efficient and attentive. Food arrived fairly quickly as there wasn't a huge crowd mid-afternoon. My husband drank a good local beer. They have an extensive ice cream/dessert separate menu -- the kind I'd like to sample but dare not.

Reviewed 12 December 2015

It's a shame there's not an option for no stars. Every time I've gone to Sheridan's Unforked, I tell myself it's going to be the last, but then I always convince myself to go back because I try to support local businesses and the normal Sheridan's ice cream locations (without the overpriced food) are usually so good. But here's how Sheridan's Unforked ruined it for this longtime customer forever:

1) I wanted the Candy Cane Pothole, advertised as a seasonal special on the Sheridan's website. But for whatever reason, this Sheridan's location is too good to carry items. Because candy cane pieces are so hard to come by. They had the other seasonal items, but not this one. Fine. I will order something else.
2) This location always takes FOREVER to order and get through the line, especially the drive through. Perhaps there's a cow in the back that's being milked and the custard is being churned by hand inside, and that's what takes so long? Or maybe it's just poorly managed? It seriously took me 30 minutes to get through the drive through line. And there were only three cars in front of me.
3) The girl at the window tried to give me someone else's food. I told her I ordered ice cream, and she said, "oh, yeah." Then she presented me with two half melted concoctions and said to have a good night. Maybe she was new. Or an idiot. Or both. But the drive through is not for her. Then to not have a good handle on who has ordered what, especially when you have ten minutes between cars to figure it out isn't a good thing.

Sheridan's used to be one of my favorite places to go. But the Unforked concept and the poor management of this location has ruined Sheridan's forever. Luckily there's a Sonic, Dairy Queen and Twister's nearby. They will be glad to have my business. Bye, bye Sheridan's. You've lost a long term customer because you opted to get too big for your britches with a poorly executed location.

2  Thank Josh R
Reviewed 11 December 2015

Really enjoyed the food here though the portions are small for the price. It's hard sometimes to get just a real good meal that's tasty and perfectly prepared, you'll get that here but you'll pay for it. It's pricey for the amount you get but the food is really darn good. The deserts are huge however, so maybe it's by design. Small dinner big desert.

Reviewed 28 November 2015

We had a curry selection and were happy. The quests around us all had great looking dinners. Price was OK. Portions were lady sized.

Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

I wish I had pictures of my meal, but when our food came i was so hungry i ate it right away. It was so delicious. I got a mango tialpia whole wheat taco. It was so good even though the chipotle mayo was a bit hot. I also got a crispy avacado whole wheat taco with fresh tomato salsa. This was wonderful. I topped it off with an Arnold Palmer. I did not get dessert, but my friend got a blackberry chocolate custard dessert. She did say the desserts are very delicious. I highly recommend this place if you are driving by or coming for a visit.

Been to Unforked? Share your experiences!