All reviewssectional sofakansas cityroesitting areastaff was friendlyfree breakfastmini fridgerooms are spaciouswould stay here againconvention centeroutdoor poolnice hotelhotel roomstayed here for one nightgreat place to staygreat roombusiness trip
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

My family and I have stayed at several different Hyatt Place hotels across the United States and have always been very satisfied with the level of service and cleanliness of the establishments. Unfortunately the Kansas City/Overland Park location fell far short of those standards we have come to expect from this hotel chain. The hotel room itself looked fairly “beaten up” and the sheets had stains on them. The space between the fridge walls and cabinet was absolutely coated with thick dust and was most unappealing. Coupled with the stains on the sheets, we definitely will think twice prior to booking another Hyatt Place location anywhere in the United States.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Brent K, General Manager at Hyatt Place Kansas City/ Overland Park/ Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Hello,

I would like to begin by thanking you for your loyalty to the Hyatt brand. I will take the information that you have presented and inform the various departments that impacted your stay directly. On behalf of the management team here at the Hyatt Overland Park we would like to sincerely apologies for your experience and thank you for your feed back, so we can take a closer look at what is happening in those departments. I would also like to inform you that our property is undergoing a major refresh in the fall, and we would like to personally invite you back to try your stay again.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

The Hotel is very close to the HWY 435 and close to the malls in the area, the treatment from the personnel was excellent, always ready to help. The Hotel accepts pets, and sometimes they start barking. But in general, it is very good, including the breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hello,

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate you taking the time to tell us and others about your positive experience here at the Hyatt Overland Park.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

The hotel is newer and well maintained. Free breakfast was excellent and the items change daily. The food is well prepared and presented well. Cold stuff kept cold and food that should be warm or hot is as it should be. The staff is very customer orientated and friendly. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to share your positive experience! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback with our team and others. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2018

The overall condition of the hotel was nice, but the key reader at the back pool entrance door didn't work for my entire stay (5 days). I got locked out at 2am after taking my dog to potty. Also my key card had to be remade 3 different times. Super annoying. I did have to call in after my stay due to being over charged for the pet cleaning fee. It was duplicated. It was taking care of with 1 call.

The evening staff was great! They were so nice and helpful. They always greeted me when I returned in the evening. The asked how my pup was doing and made me feel at home. I could tell they really cared. They morning crew was nice just not as friendly as the evening.

My room was very nice! Very clean and smelled good! Wished it would have had a microwave though. I loved the heated floors in the bathroom!!

The food was good was well! I ordered a dinner from the bar and had the breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hello,

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad that our team was in place to truly make you feel welcome at our property. We truly strive to give provide our guest with a very welcoming home away from home. We hope that you come and visit us again on your next visit to overland park.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

A superb property in a terrific location for business and pleasure. The staff is professional and caring. This property has been maintained extremely well. I would highly recommend it for all occasions.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Hello Mike,

We are glad that our staff was able to make your time in Overland Park pleasant, and thank you so much for the recommendation.We look forward to your next visit.