“Great Happy Hour ”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 521 Restaurants in Overland Park
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located on the south side of Metcalf in the Corbin Park area. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour every Monday-Friday 4PM - 7PM and Saturday-Sunday 1PM-5PM in the FIREBAR(R) and on the Patio.. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My friends and I visited here for happy hour and had a nice experience. While it took quite some time before a waitress came to help us, once we finally got service the drinks were good and so were the happy-hour appetizers.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

My wife and I were here for lunch this past Tuesday. It is not on the regular menu but during the week they have a Braised Beef Sandwich which is terrific and reminds me of a spiced up Chicago Italian Beef sandwich. It is sliced braised beef on a French roll with jalapeno jack cheese, caramelized onions and a spicy sauce. Absolutely great, and very filling. I love their steak fries as a side.

My wife went for their soup & salad. On Tuesday they have Southwest Potato soup which was very good, and for the salad she went for their Spinach Salad, which is very good.

The service was good and if you haven’t been to Firebird’s for lunch, please give it a try.

1  Thank Arthur P
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

A group of us ate there one evening after our meetings had ended. The food was very good, and so was the service. The prices were reasonable. It had a nice atmosphere.

1  Thank Jack O
Reviewed 7 February 2018

I received a $10. credit for my birthday from signing up with this restaurant some time ago. We decided to go there for my birthday and the staff made our evening very special. We love their large juicy hamburgers and although we each got our own, you could split one. Following our meal, here came the waitress with a complementary dessert complete with 3 candles. The staff had scrolled Happy Birthday on the plate and in a few minutes the manager came over and also wished me a Happy Birthday. I was impressed. We have eaten there numerous times and been pleased each time with the quality of our food.

1  Thank kscounselor
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

We made reservations for a Friday night at 5:30. When we arrived it was already busy. They seated us right away. It was restaurant week in Kansas city so we had a special little menu in honor of that. We also had the regular menu. But we all chose from the special menu. 2 of us ordered the lobster queso with chips as the appitizer. The other 2 ordered the ceasar salad. All of us loved it. 3 of us ordered steaks and tomatoes. Which was 3 steak medallions covered in provolone cheese and diced tomatoes with roasted potatoes wedges. The steak was cooked perfect. It was flavorful and tender. The potatoes were nothing special but had great flavor and were a tasty side item. The other person in our party ordered the prime rib with fries. They didnt bring many fries but the steak was 12oz and it was plenty of food. The also brought out fresh bread with butter. It was warm and really yummy. As if that wasn't enough, then there was dessert! 3 of us ordered the creme brulee cheesecake and the other one ordered the warm brownie ala'mode. The cheesecake was so yummy. It had the raspberry drizzle that was the perfect little zing. It was fresh and so tasty. The brownie was tasty as well. We were all stuffed. 2 of us had leftovers. A couple of us had drinks. They were great too. We had great service and a really good time. They had a huge wine selection as well. We will have to try one next time. We will certainly be back....

1  Thank Jennifer L