“Recent updates! Our room was fresh, new paint, carpet and mattress! ”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed overnite while visiting family. Very impressed! New paint, tile, carpet and new mattress! We had our 2 dogs with us and they sniffed the room once and went right to sleep! (Usually hotels have so many odors they sniff for an hour before settling down!) we are early risers so I don't know what the breakfast is like, but all else was great!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawn P

Reviewed 10 January 2017

The place is sketchy. Part of the grounds holds a defunct gas station and a defunct resturant. On the plus side the beds were comfortable. However, the room wasn't especially clean, the Wi-Fi was out, and the lock on my U-Haul truck had been messed with overnight.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Fred B
Reviewed 26 December 2016

We stopped for the night while traveling and it was just fine. Near the interstate, quite, clean, food nearby. Ample parking, although a little more light for the parking area would be a welcome addition. Breakfast was more than ample with a good selection. I would not hesitate to recommend this business.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 13 December 2016

I was hesitant due to the low price, but read the reviews here and decided to give it a try. I was more than pleased. This is not a new location, as is evident from the exterior. However, my room had recently been completely renovated and was quite pleasant.

This is not a luxury hotel, but for well under $50 with tax, it was definitely a good buy. My room was clean and spacious. It did not smell of long-ago stale smoke as is often the case even with non-smoking rooms in these older facilities. The entire location is now non-smoking.

For some reason, when I booked on line with the Trip Adviser App, it reserved my room for over six months in the future instead of the day I needed. I called directly to the motel and a nice person who told me her name was Amanda took care of the problem. When I arrived, they were waiting for me and check-in was quick and efficient.

The bed was comfortable and climate control in the room worked as I needed. WiFi worked well for the most part, but went down for a minute or so at one time. The connection was plenty fast for what I needed. Hot water was available almost instantly, though my room was near the far end.

The breakfast was nondescript, however the biscuits and gravy (all I generally ever eat at a motel breakfast) was above average.

There is another motel with a very similar name in Saline, I know nothing about it.

This is a very convenient location just a block off of I-70 and near the I-70 and I-35 interchange. Access is easy and parking was plentiful. The night I stayed was a Saturday night and it looked like it was at about 10% capacity.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Henry A
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Room had a faint odor of age? The tub was cracked and showing its age but the room was clean, beds comfy, heat and TV worked so all was well. Walls are a little thin so inconsiderate people in the parking lot as well as music from someones vehicle at 11 pm could be heard clearly in the room.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple