“Good service - good food - yuppieville pricing.”
Review of Wil Jenny's Restaurant - CLOSED

Wil Jenny's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Having been here many times I can say that not 1 bad experience keeps return visit usually at least once a month.
I have tried several items, most were all fine.
I'm not a fan of the smoked meatloaf, the chicken fried steak - little too much breading according to my wife.
Just had sausage, brisket & pulled pork shoulder last night. All was good, potato salad good. Corn pudding, 4 people didn't like. Ribs were good according to my 11 year old.
Normally we have had good luck with service, couple of times not so much. Last night was a typical evening. Left stuffed - 20 percent tip for descent service. Will be back again.
As another review noted - it can be very busy, especially at peak times.
Must keep in mind that this is heart of yuppieville & there are many who eat out often.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Ate here Sat night with party of seven. I've eaten here before and was pleased. Tis time I tried their smoked meatloaf dinner. You get three large slices of smoked meatloaf atop mashed potatoes with corn on the side (not on the cob). The meatloaf was just delicious and plenty of smoke ring. Potatoes were good with a brown gravy. Corn was sweet and plenty of it also. Others with me had fajitas,chili,spare ribs,fried trout, and brisket. All said theirs was good, and we also got us some fried pickles which were da bomb! We arrived at 5:30pm on a Saturday so got right in, but when we left there were about 30 waiting for a table so beware. You can call ahead as our party did. We did separate checks and that's no problem for them. They have private party rooms also.
Next time I'm tryin their burnt ends!

Reviewed 6 February 2013

I love coming to this place. Lots of cool twists on food. The candied jalepenos are amazing. I've never had a reason to complain about the service...they do get busy at times. Great quality of food and the unique interior is nice too.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

The best thing about the place was the service. Our server was very prompt and attentive to make sure we were taken care of. The food was in my opinion below average. I had the filet which I requested Medium and came out over cooked and tasted like it was cooked earlier in the day and re-cooked when it was ordered. My guest had the grilled chicken which was overcooked and dry. The best part of both dishes was the rice and steamed vegetables. I have been to this place several times but it seems the last two visits the food has gone down hill, it has been a disappointment considering they do have great service and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

I must say I've never visited this place for a meal until I was invited to attend a catered party. The buffet was absolutely amazing!! Their pulled pork, burnt ends are wonderful! Their signature salad is like nothing I've ever had before, sooooo good!! For the abundance of food that we were provided at the cost we paid was an unbelievable deal!