“Fun Place”

Wil Jenny's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We just happened to be driving by looking for someplace new to eat and found Wil Jenny's. We sat in the bar area which had a great amount of TV's. They were playing music but not so loud we couldn't hear ourselves talk. Three of us had the BBQ and agree it was very good and we are three picky BBQ eaters.
Definitely a place to check out if you are in the area.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stopped in on a Thursday night at 8:45 and the place was alll but deserted. There were a couple guys at the bar and a table of six in the main dining area. Our server started out being very attentive, our appetizer and food came out quickly and was good food for the price. Halfway through our meal I glanced up into the open kitchen and saw an employee elevated about 3' in the air which went on for some time. The manager, in a light blue denim long sleeve shirt walked by and looked at what was going on then just stood there for some time. I excused myself from the table and walked up front to get a clearer view of what was going on in the kitchen. I observed an employee standing and walking on top of the stove, grill and food prep counter tops in his tennis shoes. I returned to our table and waited for our server to come back and bring our check, but she was sitting in a booth three tables up from us and was there for some time talking with the other folks in the booth (non-employees). The manager passed our table bringing food out to a table behind us and I stopped him and asked if our server wasn't too busy with her social hour that I would like our check so I could pay and leave. He said something to her as he walked back to the front and our server brought out our check and said she had taken the cost of our appetizer off as Iit was our first time Iin the restaurant.

I snapped a picture of the staff member standing on the equipment in the kitchen and am sharing it here as proof of what I saw. This also shows the manager looking at the employee up on the equipment and he does nothing about it...

I don't plan to return based upon our experience.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We loaded into the car and went looking for a restaurant. After driving for a bit, we were lucky enough to stumble over Wil Jenny's. From the moment we entered, we knew it was going to be a good experience. The hostess greeted us and promptly seated us. We elected to sit in the spacious bar area.

The waiter was down to earth and friendly. He answered all of our questions about the menu in a friendly manner. The food was fresh and hot. Drinks were good! We didn't have room for desert, but I bet if it was like the rest of the meal it would have been fantastic.

An important part of my ratings is the service you get. The waiter was fantastic as he went along with the banter that the three ladies of our party were doing with him. It made for a fun time that lasted the entire meal

Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Having been here many times I can say that not 1 bad experience keeps return visit usually at least once a month.
I have tried several items, most were all fine.
I'm not a fan of the smoked meatloaf, the chicken fried steak - little too much breading according to my wife.
Just had sausage, brisket & pulled pork shoulder last night. All was good, potato salad good. Corn pudding, 4 people didn't like. Ribs were good according to my 11 year old.
Normally we have had good luck with service, couple of times not so much. Last night was a typical evening. Left stuffed - 20 percent tip for descent service. Will be back again.
As another review noted - it can be very busy, especially at peak times.
Must keep in mind that this is heart of yuppieville & there are many who eat out often.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Ate here Sat night with party of seven. I've eaten here before and was pleased. Tis time I tried their smoked meatloaf dinner. You get three large slices of smoked meatloaf atop mashed potatoes with corn on the side (not on the cob). The meatloaf was just delicious and plenty of smoke ring. Potatoes were good with a brown gravy. Corn was sweet and plenty of it also. Others with me had fajitas,chili,spare ribs,fried trout, and brisket. All said theirs was good, and we also got us some fried pickles which were da bomb! We arrived at 5:30pm on a Saturday so got right in, but when we left there were about 30 waiting for a table so beware. You can call ahead as our party did. We did separate checks and that's no problem for them. They have private party rooms also.
Next time I'm tryin their burnt ends!