“HUH???”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I sent several emails about coming during the week to have a drink or do a tasting as I had heard so much about this place. The response I got was they weren't sure what they were tasting so check back...huh?? You don't have a list? Then, when I checked back the response was "bar usually open 4-6". I stopped by two separate days the week of April 10th. Bar was closed when I saw it one day (stopped by 1 time) and the day after, I checked 3 times between 4-6...all closed. Puzzling......

ChapezeHouse, Owner at Chapeze House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

My name is Margaret Masters I own the Chapeze House. We have 2 hour Bourbon Classes that are scheduled at 9 -11:30-2-4:30.
There are 3 different classes to chose from. I answer ALL emails and I can assure you I have NEVER answered an email that stated I didn't know what we are tasting.
We are not open to the public our classes are by reservation only.

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

No longer serving dinners but great accommodations! Colonel, Margaret Sue and Rosemary but together an awesome experience with a mixology and Bourbon University experience with lunch. Incredible people!! So glad not to have missed this truly unique experience!

ChapezeHouse, Owner at Chapeze House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Vicki
Colonel & Rosemary enjoyed entertaining you and David at the Bourbon Mixology Class and we loved having you stay with us in the Chapeze Suite. Please come again and stay with us real soon.....your not guests anymore your part of our extened Bed and Breakfast family........Margaret Sue

Reviewed 18 July 2016

One of my favorite activities in Bardstown. Kentucky hospitality at its best. Worth the money. I will never make another Julep without using the recipe Rosemary showed and gave us. I will be spanking my mint from now on.

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Bourbon Mixology

Just finished a 3 hour class with Colonel Michael. 6 cocktails and 2 sipping bourbons. Half-time was a wonderful lunch of chicken salad, potato salad, watermelon and an eclair with bourbon whipped cream prepared my Margaret Sue. Southern Hospitality and conversation as if we were family.

ChapezeHouse, Owner at Chapeze House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

Lois & Ike
We enjoy you all every time you visit and as far as we are concerned you are "Family" to us. Please come again soon......

Reviewed 17 May 2016

Colonel Michael Edward Masters and his lovely bride, Margaret Sue, know how to make guests feel welcome. When I called to make the reservation for our Bourbon University experience, Margaret Sue was most accommodating. The Colonel educated my husband and me not only about bourbon but also about Kentucky history and his own story. When sampling a full range of good bourbons in splashes, we enjoyed crackers and a dip to die for. Midway through the two-hour class, Margaret Sue served a delicious lunch. Our final beverage was a classic Mint Julep dressed with just-picked mint. Delish! We also left with the Colonel's book, "Hospitality-Kentucky Style." It is a great read of what you really need to love about Kentucky and fun recipes. If you really want to enjoy bourbon to the hilt, Bourbon University is a must.