“Bourbon Mixology ... Fun, Interactive, and Delicious!!”
Review of Chapeze House - CLOSED

Chapeze House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Oh my goodness ... where to begin? From the very outset - when we reached out to Margaret Sue and the Colonel about scheduling a mixology class, to the class itself and their incredible graciousness and hospitality afterwards when we decided to put together a bourbon tasting in their bar - our experience was phenomenal. The class was small, our party of three and a couple that was staying at the bed and breakfast, and that lent a very intimate and personalized feel to the afternoon. We were all given copies of the drink recipes for the class so that we could go home and recreate the liquid joy, and we each had an opportunity to participate in the making of our drinks. The class started with a bourbon sour and included other drinks such as a Manhattan, Mint Julep, Old Fashioned; there were also a few cocktails specific to Chapeze House. Margaret Sue was our head mixologist, demonstrating how best to make the drinks; and she and the Colonel were both terrific instructors, providing a fun learning environment with some helpful insider tips. For example ... do you know how many times to spank your mint for the perfect mint julep? We're not telling!! If you want to know, book this amazing class and learn for yourself - you won't regret it!

1  Thank oybolshoi
ChapezeHouse, Owner at Chapeze House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review.....Colonel and I had one of the best Bourbon Mixology Classes ever!!! I love to see two groups of guests that don't know each other bond over Bourbon. Cheers to you all for making it a great experience for us as well!!!!
Margaret Sue & Colonel

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

We thought we booked a Bourbon mixology class but when we showed up, they began a Bourbon University class. So glad it worked out that way. Got to spend an amazing afternoon with the Colonel and his lovely wife, Margaret Sue. We learned so much about the history of the area, history of Bourbon, the history of many of the Distilleries and delightful stories of the people of the area. We tasted a variety of bourbons, took a break for an amazing lunch of chicken salad on a croissant and the best mint julep I've ever had, then even more bourbons. What a great start to our Kentucky Bourbon Trail experience. I will never forget this experience. I highly recommend this Bourbon University. I hope to get back to visit this place again soon. Thank you Colonel and Margaret Sue for your hospitality.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I sent several emails about coming during the week to have a drink or do a tasting as I had heard so much about this place. The response I got was they weren't sure what they were tasting so check back...huh?? You don't have a list? Then, when I checked back the response was "bar usually open 4-6". I stopped by two separate days the week of April 10th. Bar was closed when I saw it one day (stopped by 1 time) and the day after, I checked 3 times between 4-6...all closed. Puzzling......

ChapezeHouse, Owner at Chapeze House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

My name is Margaret Masters I own the Chapeze House. We have 2 hour Bourbon Classes that are scheduled at 9 -11:30-2-4:30.
There are 3 different classes to chose from. I answer ALL emails and I can assure you I have NEVER answered an email that stated I didn't know what we are tasting.
We are not open to the public our classes are by reservation only.

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

No longer serving dinners but great accommodations! Colonel, Margaret Sue and Rosemary but together an awesome experience with a mixology and Bourbon University experience with lunch. Incredible people!! So glad not to have missed this truly unique experience!

ChapezeHouse, Owner at Chapeze House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Vicki
Colonel & Rosemary enjoyed entertaining you and David at the Bourbon Mixology Class and we loved having you stay with us in the Chapeze Suite. Please come again and stay with us real soon.....your not guests anymore your part of our extened Bed and Breakfast family........Margaret Sue

Reviewed 18 July 2016

One of my favorite activities in Bardstown. Kentucky hospitality at its best. Worth the money. I will never make another Julep without using the recipe Rosemary showed and gave us. I will be spanking my mint from now on.