“Good food, but not the national chain”
Review of Rio Grandee

Rio Grandee
Ranked #10 of 54 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Rio Grandee is a good local mexican spot. Service was quick and the dish was authentic. Bottled Beer and margaritas are available.

1  Thank Brianingr

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

We stay in Berea everyone we drive to FL.

The restaurant we would usually frequent closed its doors so we decided to try this restaurant.

It was around 6:30pm when we arrived. It was not crowded.

Their combination menu had several selections from which to choose at $7.99. I like enchiladas so I selected the entree that included two beef enchiladas with rice and beans. I asked the server if I could substitute cheese enchiladas for the beef, and was told I could.

When I placed my order I asked, as I usually do, that it be served hot. My food came with the usually cautionary advice not to touch the plate because it would be very hot. My husband's order was not served at the same time.

When the server returned with my husband's dinner I told him that while the plate was hot, the food was not and asked him to fix it.

He took my plate and did not return. After 10 minutes I went looking for him, thinking perhaps he thought I did not want my entree at all.

He brought my food a few minutes after I chased him down - my husband was almost finished with his by this time. The food I was served bore no similarity to an enchilada whatsoever. It was a pool of melted greasy cheese accompanied by rice and beans.

I have to say that the food served here, from the customary chips and salsa to the entree was the worst food I've had.....ever. It was totally flavorless. The chips tasted like cheap store bought chips. The salsa was the same....no character at all, as was the entree.

Taco Bell would have been a better choice.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Great authentic Mexican food, fast service, fun, and margaritas. Excellent choice for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

The good; Fast service, clean and cheerful decor. No loud Mexican music blaring!

The not so good; This has to be the BLANDEST Mexican food I've ever been served. runny beans... salsa came out of a can I am SURE!

I ordered the luncheon tamale. I should have taken a picture if it. It was SO small, as to be laughable.
The rice is not true Mexican rice where they put peas, onion, and sometimes pieces of carrot.
My friend ordered the Fajita taco salad. Again, it was on the small side. After he had taken a few bites, his fork hit a rather large , quartered onion. We were jus laughing at this point.

On the way in and out, I looked at other tables and what they were eating, It looked good, but again VERY SMALL servings.

Nice and pleasant staff, but didn't come here for the smiles, Hope you have better luck.

1  Thank Blazer_Guy
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Title says it all...happy with my meal! Staff was friendly and plate was presented well. Very tasty.

Been to Rio Grandee? Share your experiences!