“Good”
Review of The Dog Pound

The Dog Pound
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Cave City
Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

Cute place to eat. Kids got a kick out of the name and menu names! Will come back!!

Picnic tables clean and service was great.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (42)

Reviewed 29 March 2021

Plenty of great choices for hot dogs and we enjoyed the food. However, they were pretty busy and the service was very slow, we waited over 30 minutes after ordering. The staff was very nice, and they may have been busier than they expected but we were disappointed in the wait time. Still recommend the food, just be aware it might take longer than expected.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 22 March 2021

Found this place just driving around and decided to have a quick lunch before hiking.
The owner is just an absolute joy of human being. He was funny, charming and just down right friendly. Felt like I was visiting with a family member.
I'm from the Chicagoland area and we love our hotdogs over here and are know for being picky about eating them other places.
These were the best hotdogs I've ever had!
If you love a sweet coleslaw like I do, you're also in for a treat. The prices are also great and I honestly think they're undercharging! I'll definitely be coming back on our yearly trip to Kentucky now that I've found it.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 8 October 2020 via mobile

I’m gluten free and didn’t have any trouble finding something delicious (no bun).
Excellent customer service!! The staff was super knowledgeable about tips and tricks for making our vacation amazing. Can’t wait to bring our friends here tomorrow and the next day.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 30 September 2020

All the usual toppings and some unique. Homemade slaw and chili, pulled pork. Good prices. So glad we ate here rather than a chain

Date of visit: September 2020