“personal touch was most appreciated!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed 11 September 2017

we came for the Labor Day (Sunday evening) fireworks, have been down now for the past three years. This year was our granddaughter's 4th birthday week so we brought her with us. I mentioned that to one of the hotel staff (the person who was coordinating all the block of rooms for the event) and they came around the desk with a bag containing a card signed by all the staff, crayons and a coloring book, candy and some beads. Her face was priceless. The room was great-no issues at all, very comfortable and clean. Breakfast is excellent. The only complaint I have doesn't have anything to do with the property but with the process of booking-they had a problem online and when I hit send to book, it came back and told me it didn't save and to call the 800 number to reserve. I did, got the reservation (all good experiences) and then when the confirmation came to my email it was quickly followed by second confirmation (clearly my first online one really did go through!) I called the number the next day so they could rectify and not lose the booking of a room. I had a rep who I could hardly understand who kept telling me that since I hadn't canceled within the 14 day time frame they could cancel. UGH!!! finally she listened to me, realized that yes they HAD been having computer issues the day before (that had been confirmed for me when I made the phone reservation, so I KNEW it was a known factor with Hilton). So she then had to "call the hotel management to see if they'd accept the cancellation." WHAT? you KNOW you had a problem...why do you have to go through that step?? I was on the phone that day for 35 minutes while they resolved it...and finally got the deposit back into my bank account (they charged me 215 dollars twice!) two days later. What a cluster. Seriously, Hilton Reservations team, if you know you have computer glitches...get a process in place to check for double reservations! I only did it because I didn't want you to lose a booking-which really isn't my worry. I can tell you now that if I'd checked in and you charged me for both rooms you'd never have me as a customer again. But to go back to my original point-the property itself was wonderful. it's the bigger organization that needs to check itself.

Room Tip: higher floors have a better view of the river
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Jeff K, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Ibegonenow,
Thank you very much for the kind words. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and I apologize for the confusion with central reservations. I am glad it all was straightened out and you were able to enjoy the fireworks weekend. This is our busiest weekend of the year and there are a lot of moving parts. We hope to see you back again soon!

Jeff Kaplan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Embassy Suites is the only hotel our family has used for its reunions for over 10 years due to rooms that easily accommodate whole families comfortably, breakfast which helps save money, and reception which elders really enjoy to sit and talk over snacks. Always located near local attractions for entertainment.

Dear evyh24,
Thank you very much for the kind words from your recent visit. I am happy to hear that our hotel offers so many amenities that work out well for your family. We hope to remain your hotel of choice for many years to come.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Disappointed! Stains on the carpet, room was only average, bathroom fixtures not cleaned, rough towels, and just a regular tub/shower! They showed up to clean the room, so asked them to come back shortly, but they never did. We had to call them that evening. Only good thing
about the room was that it had a comfortable bed and nice TV. Free breakfast...I couldn't even stomach because of all of the food on the floor that nobody was attempting to clean up. Some workers walking around with dirty clothes working with the food. We enjoyed the the free beer, wine, or well drinks for 2 hours to help us thru. Location is good, but seriously not worth the price of the rooms. Other choices close by. Don't forget you have to pay at least $10.00 a day for parking under the hotel as well!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Jeff K, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY), responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Brenda Barton C,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the challenges you experienced. You visited us during our busiest weekend of the year, we do all we can to keep the breakfast area clean, on this day we could have done a better job. Also, there is no free parking in the area, the city owns and operates the garage and they control the pricing. We are lucky to have a parking garage so close.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The hotel could use some TLC in a few areas, but overall it is a great hotel, in an ideal location being near good restaurants and the baseball and football stadiums. The hotel staff were professional, polite, and knowledgeable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Dear Allen32547,
Thank you for the great feedback. I am happy to see you enjoyed your visit. We are currently working with new ownership to upgrade several areas throughout the hotel. I appreciate the kind words about my staff and I have shared your comments with the team.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Hotel was nice, lobby employees not as nice. Was not told about evening reception so did not take advantage of that option. Staff at front desk was just very busy and in a hurry. It seems there was only 2 people at check in. We used online check in but still waited for 40 minutes in lobby and was very rushed.

Dear rocket22016,
Thank you for the feedback from your recent visit. My staff is usually the shinning star of the property. I have shard your feedback with the management team, there is no excuse for any staff member to not be polite and pleasant. I hope we have the opportunity to show you this is not the norm for us.

Jeff Kaplan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
0.1 km away
0.8 km away
Courtyard Cincinnati Covington
1 km away
Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY)

Address: 10 E Rivercenter Blvd, Covington, KY 41011-1508
Region: United States > Kentucky > Covington
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Price Range: $196 - $356 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) 3.5*
Downtown Cincinnati area's only Hilton branded all suite, full service hotel. Awarded "best room with a view" of downtown Cincinnati and Ohio Riverfront. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Cincinnati - RiverCenter (Covington, KY) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati