“FREE & Fun!”

Swope's Cars of Yesteryear Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: "... a wonderful collection, and it's FREE! Thank you" a recent visitor. The Swope's Cars of Yesteryear Museum features vehicles ranging from the early 1900's to the 1960's in a variety of makes and models in both original condition and restored condition. After years of planning and nine months of construction, Swope`s Cars of Yesteryear opened in May 1999. The collection consists of sixty magnificent machines of the past, all museum quality. These are exciting automobiles that stir memories of long ago days when motoring was a fun-filled adventure. Our museum allows car fans and collectors to admire the progression of automobiles over time. Our collection includes antique cars like the 1914 Model T and the 1925 Pierce Arrow to classics like the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro and the 1956 Thunderbird.
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I lived here for years but never thought Swope's Car Museum would be worth the time to stop in. I was wrong. There were many more cars than I expected, they and the facility sparkled and the two staff we met were helpful and informative. It was great fun and I plan to take other out of town guests there.

Date of experience: November 2016
in 18 reviews
"vehicle"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Better than I could have imagined. Model A , Model T Fords, Packards, Rolls Royse, and many more. Curator there was great, and it is all free. A must stop if you like vintage automobiles.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We take family everytime they're in town...teens and younger. Also take friends who visit. Everyone always loves it.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My wife & I went there to kill some time. We were blown away at what we found. We expected to see 1 or 2 vehicles that would catch our interest. Instead we walked into a car lovers fantasy. From Model A & T Fords up to a Rolls Royce Phantom III. All in pristine condition, Packards from the 20's, aT-Bird and a 69 Camarillo. All in all it proved to be a truly wonderful experience.

Date of experience: August 2017