“A Great Way to Spend some Time!”

Swope's Cars of Yesteryear Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: "... a wonderful collection, and it's FREE! Thank you" a recent visitor. The Swope's Cars of Yesteryear Museum features vehicles ranging from the early 1900's to the 1960's in a variety of makes and models in both original condition and restored condition. After years of planning and nine months of construction, Swope`s Cars of Yesteryear opened in May 1999. The collection consists of sixty magnificent machines of the past, all museum quality. These are exciting automobiles that stir memories of long ago days when motoring was a fun-filled adventure. Our museum allows car fans and collectors to admire the progression of automobiles over time. Our collection includes antique cars like the 1914 Model T and the 1925 Pierce Arrow to classics like the 1969 Chevrolet Camaro and the 1956 Thunderbird.
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I have lived in the Elizabethtown area off and on since the year 2000, about eleven years in all. Being a lover of old cars (I got that from my dad) I wondered in one day about 15 years ago, not sure what to expect. I was blown away! I love the place so much that I periodically return just to kill some time and look at the most beautiful automobiles ever built!
They have everything from early Model T's (several from the 1920's and 20's) and an early Renault, to a great assortment of cars from the 30's and 40's, and several of the most beautiful of the big, finned showboats of the 1950's. The collection also features several cars from the 1960's and a few classic 1970's muscle cars. My personal favorite is a lovely blue and white 1932 LaSalle Convertible, one of the most beautiful and unique cars produced by General Motors.
One of the most interesting things about Swope's Cars of Yesteryear Museum is that the collection does not stick to only cars from the "Big Three" American car companies. While the most well known American auto makers are certainly well represented, you will also find Studebakers, Packards, a Hudson as well as beautiful European names like Jaguar, Rolls Royce, Renault, and the British built Nash Metropolitan.
The people who work at the museum are always friendly and knowledgeable about the cars in the collection, often sharing where and when the Swope family acquired the cars. There is also a sitting area with videos, books, magazines and photo albums featuring many classic autos.
The museum itself is a lovely place, well lit and always clean.
I like it so well, I occasionally take visitors to see this little Hardin County gem which is free to visit.

All reviews
"jay leno"
"little gem"
"blown away"

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I lived here for years but never thought Swope's Car Museum would be worth the time to stop in. I was wrong. There were many more cars than I expected, they and the facility sparkled and the two staff we met were helpful and informative. It was great fun and I plan to take other out of town guests there.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Better than I could have imagined. Model A , Model T Fords, Packards, Rolls Royse, and many more. Curator there was great, and it is all free. A must stop if you like vintage automobiles.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We take family everytime they're in town...teens and younger. Also take friends who visit. Everyone always loves it.