“Best Japanese in Greater Cincy”

Miyoshi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 232 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

A rarity in that it is a non-chain restaurant in Florence. This one happens to be really good. Though the bar is low, this is the best Japanese food in the greater Cincinnati area. I sat at the sushi bar and immediately noticed a few really good signs for restaurants in this part of the country. First there were a lot of Japanese people. Japanese patrons, Japanese sushi chefs (surprising that this is noteworthy but it is around these parts), and Japanese servers. The menu also had Japanese along with the English, meaning there was no separate menu for non-Japanese, as is customary around here. I had two apps. The sauteed whole squid was rubbery, but tasty. The veal with garlic and scallions was excellent. I also go the omakase sashimi. It was all served at once on the same plate so not like multi-course omakase in Japan. The fish was so fresh & clean & delicious. Three thick slices of toro, a ball of scraped toro, scallop, uni, smoked salmon, flounder and the most delicious yellowtail I've ever had, all for only $45!! A steal. I ended the meal with a bowl of Niku udon. The depth of flavor was incredible. Service was solid. I will definitely be going back as much as possible, especially since it's only five minutes from my house.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We've lived in NKY for 10 years and never made it to the japanese restaurants in florence. This spot was open late when our usual places were closed, so we tried it. I forget that it's there because it's tucked away. Everything was very good! Service was very nice too. We will be back. Sushi was fabulous and server was very helpful describing menu items and making recommendations. A welcome break from the big box chain restaurants in this area! Also the restaurant interior is very simple but super neat and clean.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We eat here quite often. I lived in Japan for 4 years and my wife is Japanese. They do very good, authentic Japanese food!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We dined for our anniversary early May and it was not a good experience. I emailed the magr afterward and with no reply, I have no choice to write this review. I gave her a chance...
The Chef was very busy tossing zucchini in patron's to catch in their mouths. Wish he'd taken better care to cook my dinner. I ordered medium filet and lobster--both were WELL-DONE. Lobster was rubbery and the meat had no pink at all. There were no bean sprouts and the veggies were served way too early. They were almost cold by the time he cooked my dinner. I tried to get the waitress, who was far too busy to tend to our table. I finally got up to get the mgr after I couldn't flag her down. She offered $20 off my dinner and I took it. BAd move--she should have comped the entire thing.
We will never return. LOUSY FOOD.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The food is excellent but the chef we had must have been new because he did not give as good of a show as you would expect at this type of restaurant