“Nice Getaway”
Review of Wildwood Inn

Wildwood Inn
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 22 August 2016

I was a little hesitant about this hotel at first because I wasn't sure how I would like the theme rooms. We booked the room that looks like a regular hotel room but has a heart shaped Jacuzzi because it was the only place we could find with a Jacuzzi in the room near Cincinnati. The hotel exceeded expectations. The front desk staff were very friendly. The hotel is a little out of date, but it is one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed at. The pool and hot tub were amazing. I would not recommend wasting money on the arcade games because most of them either did not work or stole your tokens. The front desk staff replaced the tokens which was appreciated, but the only games that really worked was the pool table, boxing game, pacman, and the shooting game. The bed was pretty comfortable and the hot tub was great. Nice hot water and very relaxing. Lots of reviews here complain that the theme rooms don't have windows, but we loved it because it was so dark in the room it felt like we really had a great rest and were able to sleep in late! We did not have time to get to the breakfast. Overall, it was a great stay. I felt it was worth the money and would love to come back and try out some of the other theme rooms.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to try the theme rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank akdowning14
Wildwoodinn-KY, Manager at Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Wildwood Inn. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

The online photos of this place were VERY misleading. The front desk has gaping holes in it. Should've left the moment I saw that. Only one light worked in entire guest room. The outlets were loose from the walls. I guess they don't want the guests to see the absolute horror that is their accommodations. The bedspread had what appeared to be dried blood on it. The walls seemed to be smeared with some type of bodily fluids. The tv only got one channel, and the door to the room wouldn't lock on the inside. The "mattress" seemed to be made from tin cans, but that was ok cause it was to old and dirty to sleep on anyway. My husband pushed two chairs together and slept in front of the door all night. We're just praying we don't end up with foot rot from the shower or bug bites from the 1970's era carpet. Absolute worst stay EVER!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 720loram
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I called the hotel personally to book theme room for 3 nights. I asked the man several times if it had a separate bedroom since we were traveling with our adult daughter and granddaughter. He assured that it had two bedrooms. When we arrived, I again asked the front desk lady if it had a private bedroom. She said it did and there was a king bed in one room and a double in the other. Needless to say, the room was not what was described to me. It was an open room (The Polynesian Suite) with the king size bed downstairs and a murphy bed on the second floor (very open) loft. There is no bedroom and the suite had no windows! I have never stayed anywhere without windows. Our room was in a different building from the main building and the hallway was hot, musty and in desperate need of painting and new carpeting. The dome pool is the only nice thing about this place. Save your money and find a real hotel with no gimmicks. This was NOT worth the money at all and it was very expensive.

Room Tip: stay away, stay in a 5 star hotel for the price we paid per night here
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Deona21
Wildwoodinn-KY, Manager at Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Thank you for your review of the Wildwood Inn. I honestly believe I spoke with you and in remembering our conversation, I explained that we have nothing with a separate bedroom, only the 2 floor Theme Suites that have a loft. There is a private bathroom where someone could change however. We have 27 different types of Theme Suites, none of which have windows. I'm very sorry for any miscommunication and I'm sure we could have refunded or cancelled your reservation, so you could have found something with a private room and window. We have many, many people who love our Themed hotel and are repeat customers many times over. Sorry that you did not enjoy your stay as obviously we were not what you were looking for.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

We went for an overnight getaway. We stayed in the Royal Suite. The hallways are in desperate need of a good cleaning. The hallways are fairly hot because The windows are open to the outside, but not all hallways are like that, the ones inside were cool. The lobby was clean and inviting. The room was fairly clean. Nothing worth complaining about. Jacuzzi was clean. There were stains and burn holes on the carpet and a burn hole in the blanket, it was a smoking room. You could tell it was one of their older rooms, the bed was on the floor and not very comfortable we both woke up with sore backs. We were having a problem with our TV and I called front desk and they had maintenance up within 10 min and he got it fixed. The ceiling fan did not work and when I asked maintenance about it, he said he didn't believe it did work in our room. Staff that I encountered was very friendly. I do wish that we would have picked a different room definitely not worth 150 a night. The pool and Spa area was neat. Especially the spa with waterfall. Breakfast was decent with limited options but still a free hot breakfast. There are biscuits, gravy, sausage and egg patties to make breakfast biscuits. I opted for a waffle which I made fresh and it was very good. So overall not near as bad as some people report. Like most people say, it just needs a major update in some parts.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review the Wildwood Inn. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will work hard to improve the issues you encountered.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I should've driven 5 more minutes down the road. This place needs a major makeover. The door to the room had a huge gap above it where you could feel the heat coming in from the pool area. The room looked like they should've paid me to stay there. For the price they charge,I could've stayed at the Travel Lodge for 2 nights what they charged for 1. Kids were running through the pool area late at night yelling. The floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed,and the toilet would barely flush. My first and my last time staying there. The only good thing was the staff was nice.I had to also use All my pillows to get comfortable.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank limolisa
Wildwoodinn-KY, Manager at Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Thank you for taking time to review the Wildwood Inn. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and will work hard to address the issues you mentioned.