“Great stay”
Review of Wildwood Inn

Wildwood Inn
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Very nice stay pleasant staff good breakfast. You can tell they are doing updates some things are newer some are still older. Bed was soft clean. Carpet needs to be replaced bathroom had new tile tub was clean. The dome had some updates but roof leaked durring the storm we had, joked it added to the safari theme haha. The kids had a blast! Cant wait to come stay in a themed room.

Room Tip: Pool side was great
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Wildwoodinn-KY, Manager at Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Thank you for taking time to review the Wildwood Inn. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Where do I begin. As you drive into the parking lot you are a building that had been jerry-rigged to the max. I could see that management tried to enclose the pool, lobby and corridors with sunroom type coverings. The pool has Windows that have not been cleaned since the attempted renovations. And I do mean attempted. It appears that they sought and used the lowest and worst possible bidder. The theme is supposed to be tropical, but I keep on getting distracted by the absolutely horrible appearances everywhere. Check-In was painless. At least they got something right. So, we get our key. We try to park but shrubs are extending beyond the curb, making it impossible to park. The entry door as well as all materials used to renovate this place came from a flea-market. You can instantly see that whoever was chosen to fix this place had no clue. Letting my wife do everything would have been an improvement. The beds were OK. The TV was bolted to the table. The fridge did not work. The wall A/C unit was battered but worked. Most of the furniture would qualify as scrap lumber. The interior walls look like an MMA tournament occurred in the room. The bathroom was another winner. The door appears to have been in a flood because the bottom was very swollen and water-logged. The toilet was not secured to the floor and would not flush. The heat lamp and light worked. The bathtub was unreal. The salvation army must of been having a sale because this would never be used in an poor hotel. Guess what they used as molding in the shower? Wood. What were they thinking? I know. Cut all corners dramatically. Everywhere you look is a disaster. The enclosed pool is in great disrepair. Paint was peeling from all areas of the metal support structure. I could say with certainty that if the building inspector or fire Marshall gave this place a thorough look, the management would probably do an insurance job on it, for too much work needs to be done. I believe one section of this property has weekly apartment rentals. That should have been a huge red flag for me. When I stay in a hotel, I need only a comfortable bed and clean facilities. This place does not even come close. If you are going to run a hotel, at least make it appear that you care about your guests. In this case, management has dropped the ball. I could go on, but I need to go to bed which will be a challenge. Just hope my family does not get food poisoning at the complimentary breakfast.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Mark F
Guest-Services725, Manager at Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Thanks for taking time to inspect & review our property. Yes we do have an older property . We will keep in mind what ever observation you have made during our renovation , which will be coming soon anytime . Thanks for staying with us

Reviewed 22 August 2016

I was a little hesitant about this hotel at first because I wasn't sure how I would like the theme rooms. We booked the room that looks like a regular hotel room but has a heart shaped Jacuzzi because it was the only place we could find with a Jacuzzi in the room near Cincinnati. The hotel exceeded expectations. The front desk staff were very friendly. The hotel is a little out of date, but it is one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed at. The pool and hot tub were amazing. I would not recommend wasting money on the arcade games because most of them either did not work or stole your tokens. The front desk staff replaced the tokens which was appreciated, but the only games that really worked was the pool table, boxing game, pacman, and the shooting game. The bed was pretty comfortable and the hot tub was great. Nice hot water and very relaxing. Lots of reviews here complain that the theme rooms don't have windows, but we loved it because it was so dark in the room it felt like we really had a great rest and were able to sleep in late! We did not have time to get to the breakfast. Overall, it was a great stay. I felt it was worth the money and would love to come back and try out some of the other theme rooms.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to try the theme rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank akdowning14
Wildwoodinn-KY, Manager at Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Wildwood Inn. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

The online photos of this place were VERY misleading. The front desk has gaping holes in it. Should've left the moment I saw that. Only one light worked in entire guest room. The outlets were loose from the walls. I guess they don't want the guests to see the absolute horror that is their accommodations. The bedspread had what appeared to be dried blood on it. The walls seemed to be smeared with some type of bodily fluids. The tv only got one channel, and the door to the room wouldn't lock on the inside. The "mattress" seemed to be made from tin cans, but that was ok cause it was to old and dirty to sleep on anyway. My husband pushed two chairs together and slept in front of the door all night. We're just praying we don't end up with foot rot from the shower or bug bites from the 1970's era carpet. Absolute worst stay EVER!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 720loram
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I called the hotel personally to book theme room for 3 nights. I asked the man several times if it had a separate bedroom since we were traveling with our adult daughter and granddaughter. He assured that it had two bedrooms. When we arrived, I again asked the front desk lady if it had a private bedroom. She said it did and there was a king bed in one room and a double in the other. Needless to say, the room was not what was described to me. It was an open room (The Polynesian Suite) with the king size bed downstairs and a murphy bed on the second floor (very open) loft. There is no bedroom and the suite had no windows! I have never stayed anywhere without windows. Our room was in a different building from the main building and the hallway was hot, musty and in desperate need of painting and new carpeting. The dome pool is the only nice thing about this place. Save your money and find a real hotel with no gimmicks. This was NOT worth the money at all and it was very expensive.

Room Tip: stay away, stay in a 5 star hotel for the price we paid per night here
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Deona21
Wildwoodinn-KY, Manager at Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Thank you for your review of the Wildwood Inn. I honestly believe I spoke with you and in remembering our conversation, I explained that we have nothing with a separate bedroom, only the 2 floor Theme Suites that have a loft. There is a private bathroom where someone could change however. We have 27 different types of Theme Suites, none of which have windows. I'm very sorry for any miscommunication and I'm sure we could have refunded or cancelled your reservation, so you could have found something with a private room and window. We have many, many people who love our Themed hotel and are repeat customers many times over. Sorry that you did not enjoy your stay as obviously we were not what you were looking for.