“Moist....”
Review of Wildwood Inn

Wildwood Inn
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Everything was just moist, the air, beds, everything. Peeling paint everywhere. Small pool. Over rated. Not as entertaining as expected for pre-teens. Games were outdated. Beds rusted and saggy. Even the kids took one look at the muggy tiny breakfast room and didn't feel comfortable eating there. Save your cash.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Erica P
Wildwood I, Manager at Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for reviewing the Wildwood Inn. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We will work hard to address the issues that you encountered.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We had a pleasant stay. The pool area was a lot of fun for the kids. The rooms were old and needed major updates. The mattress was terrible. The room was clean and smelled fine. Good sound proofing in the walls. Good security in the parking lot and at the front desk. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne B
Wildwood I, Manager at Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay. We you stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Never have I been treated so poorly by a hotel company! I ended up coming into town a day early for a convention in Cincinnati. This was one of the few places left with rooms available (for good reasons I now know).

Driving into town late I was 15 minutes away from the hotel and had stopped to grab dinner (fast food mind you) before checking in for the night. I get a phone call from a Kentucky number. I answer, it's the hotel. We booked on Expedia and it was under my child's father's account. She explained the names didn't match (mine and his being different) and that I needed to do something special when the card holder isn't present. I explained no worries that was just holding the room but I will be paying with my card. She began to demand I give her my credit card number. I told her I didn't feel comfortable with that practice over the phone and I was 15 minutes away just grabbing dinner quickly. She said she would cancel the room unless I got there in the next 30 mins.

I hated! To do this. I felt I was being threatened. Long story short they were threatening me. I get there within 15 mins. I am pissed and didn't want to talk to her about anything because of how poor her customer service was.

The manager comes out and starts to instigate. Now you know why such poor staff etiquette. He said he was the manager and what was wrong. I told him I did not want to speak on the situation at this time. He was refusing to give my room key that I had just paid for. Asking repeatedly to tell him what was wrong. And then began yelling at me about how I booked through a third party and he was giving me a courtesy to call me and he could cancel my room. And then! Started yelling at me about it being illegal to sneak a third person in! I don't have any third person with me. I was standing there with myself and a young child.

He then proceeded to kick me out and said he was refunding the transaction. So, I was threatened by staff and management, refused service and was left to scramble to find a room last minute (happily!)

Glad I saw there true colors and did not support such a business. The place looked severely out dated and smelled inside.

Run, run away! As fast as you can!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Lara J
Reviewed 12 July 2017

This was our first time here. Our room was a double by the pool. The mattress was horrible! Everything else was ok. It was nice being able to walk right to the pool from our room. The room was clean and had a fridge and a microwave, which was dirty. Other than that everything else was ok.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Wildwood I, Manager at Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thank you for taking time to review the Wildwood Inn. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Was very disappointed in this hotel. Rooms were desperately in need of refurbishment, a good cleaning, new beds. coffee pot in room did not work. Breakfast was horrible and nothing had any taste, except the store bought mini muffins were good. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone and I am glad it was only an overnight stay and not for multiple days like we normally do.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank stephaniegC610AQ
Wildwood I, Manager at Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you for your review of the Wildwood Inn Hotel & Theme Suites. We are sorry to hear that you do did not enjoy your stay. We are currently doing renovations to the hotel and will work hard to address all the issues in your feedback. Thanks for letting us know how we can improve.