“Feared for our safety”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 18 November 2014

We booked online and prepaid or we would have left. No lights in parking lot when we arrived. The heat was not on in the room and it was 26 degrees outside. The outside lock was broken to enter the back of the building so anyone could enter. Some of the room locks looked like someone tried to break into the rooms. Mostly Semi trucks in parking lot, not many cars on a Friday night. Power went out at night and so did hallway lights and heat.
The bathroom was full of black mold around tub and black mildew all over ceiling, wallpaper peeling and bottom of tub was disgusting. We did not even shower.
Please to not stay here, there are other hotels in area with comparable prices that are safer and cleaner.

Room Tip: Not sure if there is a good room in this hotel. Maybe 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
experiencedsleeper, Front Office Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2014

Thank you so very much for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites. Please let me inform you that at any time you check into a room and prepay, if you are not satisfied, you may always change rooms, or we can always work with the company it was paid through to refund your money. The last thing any of us, especially our guests, is a dissatisfied guest. We do request you inform us of the problems immediately.
I would like to apologize for not having the heat on in the room. When reservations are made, we do the best we can to make sure the rooms are adjusted to a warmer temperature, however some later made reservations we are unable to achieve this. I would like to assure you we will address the concern of the outside door lock not working, we had no prior knowledge of this. Some of our rooms do have door locks missing in our hallways, in which we had to replace ones that were not working at all. Replacing these locks is in progress, we do apologize for the appearance of the doors and any issues it may have caused.
We do have a few truck drivers that stay with our hotel, most of them are regular guests, being that our hotel is the only hotel in the Florence area that can accommodate many drivers at once. I also will address the issue of the bathroom's cleanliness with our housekeeping staff. We certainly are working to improve our property every day, and our guests' feedback is the perfect way to do so.
Again, I do apologize for your having such an unsatisfactory stay. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with in the future.
Quality Inn & Suites-Florence, Ky

Reviewed 14 November 2014

Absolutely the worst motel I've stayed in. We had been driving for hours and were very tired so we stayed, even though the carpet was so disgusting that we didn't even take our shoes off. The bed sheets may have been freshly laundered but were covered in yellow stains. The mattress was so old it sagged in the middle. The breakfast consisted of cold, rubbery eggs, dried out sausage and cold coffee that was so bad I had to spit it out. I called the motel when I returned home to ask why an additional $10.00 was charged to my account on a separate bill and I was told it was because I had a pet. Some motels don't charge for pets and I wasn't asked if I had a pet on check-in so I assumed there would be no additional charge. I have no problem paying extra for a pet but not a motel that was more disgusting than any dog pen I'd let my dog stay in.

Room Tip: Don't stop. Keep on driving no matter how tired you are.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine B
experiencedsleeper, Front Office Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2014

Please let us apologize for not informing you of the pet fee. We certainly are a pet friendly hotel, however upon a guests' departure, when a pet stays in the room, we remove all linens and thoroughly clean them. We do not have a designated pet rooms only section of our hotel, and we do realize many guests have allergies to animals. This is why we charge the pet fee. Also, when travelling with a pet, it is your pet, not ours, that is why we do not ask our guests if they are travelling with a pet. It is your responsibility to inform the hotel that you are travelling with a pet. Most hotels do not ask that question, so you may want to keep that in mind for future travelling plans.
We certainly do apologize for the cleanliness issues you had during your stay. I myself spoke with you upon check out, and at that time you said you had a good stay, and passed on breakfast when I asked you about it. I assumed there were no issues with your stay. Next time, please let us know of these issues so we might be able to correct them while you are here. We certainly do want to keep our guests happy.
Again, we apologize for your dissatisfaction during your stay.

Reviewed 3 November 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night on our way to Atlanta and it was good for that purpose. Staff were nice, there was a laundry room (something we couldn't find in most hotels during our road trip), and location was good.

The room was big and although looked worn-out, wasn't too bad. Just no microwave or refrigerator which we didn't need anyway so it was ok for us.

Breakfast was nice. My main complaint would be is that it was too cold in the hotel and in the breakfast room. Felt like they didn't have any heaters on.

I've been to other hotels in Florence and I can say this is among the better ones there.

• Stayed: November 2014

We certainly do appreciate your remarks regarding your stay with us. We are glad we were able to provide you a good stay, for a good price. We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and that our staff was accommodating. We are aware that our large lobby is hard to heat sometimes, and I would like to assure you that our management team will be purchasing some heaters for this area.
We hope you will stay with us again during your next trip to Florence. It would be a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Front desk staff and breakfast attendant did a good job and were very friendly upon our arrival and departure. We stayed one night in room 114 and were disappointed that a Quality Inn was so run down looking. There had been new headboards installed on the two beds in the room and the holes and marks on the wall from the previous ones were still there. There were no pictures on the walls, just holes with nails in them where pictures used to hang. The smoke alarm was functioning, but was not connected to its base on the wall and was just hanging there by its wires. The worst thing we encountered was mildew on the grout in the tiled shower and hair on the bathroom floor. If I was managing that motel, the housekeeping staff would all be required to undergo intense retraining on how to clean a room. Even the carpet in the corners of the room looked like it hadn't been vacuumed for a while. Over all, we were sadly disappointed.

Room Tip: Lower your expectations and you'll be okay with the place
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank OhioBeach
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stayed here because the holiday inn (right down the road) was booked, we were tired and in a pinch. We should have driven on down the road. Dirty bathrooms, dirty floors, and dirty rooms in general. But the bed appeared to be clean. Did it work for a night, eh...kind of. Would we stay here again? Definitely not.

• Stayed: August 2014