Budget Inn
US$129
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

US$139
US$135
US$116
US$100
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 November 2014

Absolutely the worst motel I've stayed in. We had been driving for hours and were very tired so we stayed, even though the carpet was so disgusting that we didn't even take our shoes off. The bed sheets may have been freshly laundered but were covered in yellow stains. The mattress was so old it sagged in the middle. The breakfast consisted of cold, rubbery eggs, dried out sausage and cold coffee that was so bad I had to spit it out. I called the motel when I returned home to ask why an additional $10.00 was charged to my account on a separate bill and I was told it was because I had a pet. Some motels don't charge for pets and I wasn't asked if I had a pet on check-in so I assumed there would be no additional charge. I have no problem paying extra for a pet but not a motel that was more disgusting than any dog pen I'd let my dog stay in.

Room Tip: Don't stop. Keep on driving no matter how tired you are.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine B
experiencedsleeper, Front Office Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2014

Please let us apologize for not informing you of the pet fee. We certainly are a pet friendly hotel, however upon a guests' departure, when a pet stays in the room, we remove all linens and thoroughly clean them. We do not have a designated pet rooms only section of our hotel, and we do realize many guests have allergies to animals. This is why we charge the pet fee. Also, when travelling with a pet, it is your pet, not ours, that is why we do not ask our guests if they are travelling with a pet. It is your responsibility to inform the hotel that you are travelling with a pet. Most hotels do not ask that question, so you may want to keep that in mind for future travelling plans.
We certainly do apologize for the cleanliness issues you had during your stay. I myself spoke with you upon check out, and at that time you said you had a good stay, and passed on breakfast when I asked you about it. I assumed there were no issues with your stay. Next time, please let us know of these issues so we might be able to correct them while you are here. We certainly do want to keep our guests happy.
Again, we apologize for your dissatisfaction during your stay.
Jill Sparks
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 3 November 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night on our way to Atlanta and it was good for that purpose. Staff were nice, there was a laundry room (something we couldn't find in most hotels during our road trip), and location was good.

The room was big and although looked worn-out, wasn't too bad. Just no microwave or refrigerator which we didn't need anyway so it was ok for us.

Breakfast was nice. My main complaint would be is that it was too cold in the hotel and in the breakfast room. Felt like they didn't have any heaters on.

I've been to other hotels in Florence and I can say this is among the better ones there.

• Stayed: November 2014

We certainly do appreciate your remarks regarding your stay with us. We are glad we were able to provide you a good stay, for a good price. We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and that our staff was accommodating. We are aware that our large lobby is hard to heat sometimes, and I would like to assure you that our management team will be purchasing some heaters for this area.
We hope you will stay with us again during your next trip to Florence. It would be a pleasure to have you stay with us.
Jill Sparks
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Front desk staff and breakfast attendant did a good job and were very friendly upon our arrival and departure. We stayed one night in room 114 and were disappointed that a Quality Inn was so run down looking. There had been new headboards installed on the two beds in the room and the holes and marks on the wall from the previous ones were still there. There were no pictures on the walls, just holes with nails in them where pictures used to hang. The smoke alarm was functioning, but was not connected to its base on the wall and was just hanging there by its wires. The worst thing we encountered was mildew on the grout in the tiled shower and hair on the bathroom floor. If I was managing that motel, the housekeeping staff would all be required to undergo intense retraining on how to clean a room. Even the carpet in the corners of the room looked like it hadn't been vacuumed for a while. Over all, we were sadly disappointed.

Room Tip: Lower your expectations and you'll be okay with the place
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank OhioBeach
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stayed here because the holiday inn (right down the road) was booked, we were tired and in a pinch. We should have driven on down the road. Dirty bathrooms, dirty floors, and dirty rooms in general. But the bed appeared to be clean. Did it work for a night, eh...kind of. Would we stay here again? Definitely not.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank agdubsmit
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Absolutely nothing good to say aboutthis hotel:
No hand soap the room and hotel did not have any to give us, no hair dryeror coffee maker, dusty bed skirts, mouldy bathroom (including inside shower head), a large stain on the mattress that had the appearance of blood, rock pillows folded in half to give the appearance of bulk, peeling ceiling paint in bathroom (no fan so no surprise),hallway carpeting was filthy (the room was darkly carpeted so its cleanliness was not obvious but given the common area carpet I can only guess ),upon arrival we were sent to a suite, not the double bedded room that was reserved;an upgrade we had no use for as we were two friends, not partners, unwilling to share a bed, and had to fight for tooth and nail to get what we reserved. No manager on site despite signage naming the Manager on duty. No plug for the tub, but as the darn thing took 15 minutes to drain after a modest shower it appeared one was not needed. Poor drainage might account for the ring around the tub.No working phone in the room either. I should have slept in my car!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends