“Don't go here”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 1 April 2015

Under no circumstance go here. My wife and I booked this place on. Line with Hotels and discounts .com. What a mistake here r a few pics of the smoke smelly room. We booked a nonsmoking room. There was NO sign out front was told they are waiting for a new sign. So your best bet is to drive right by and never ever go in. The ice machine was broken, they only had one for 100 room hotel. The high point was the girl at the front desk got us some ice thank you Christine . We went to the dollar store and bought air fresheners for the room. If you are wondering why we stayed is at the bottom of the reservation on Hotels and Discounts.com it says no refunds. I will NEVER use this web site again. Emailed them and asked them to contact me never got a reply. Now if I can figure out how too a pics I will

Stayed: March 2015

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

I was on my way Tennessee to spend time with family before the Christmas holiday. I was very tired from already driving seven hours ,when I decided to stop and get a good night's rest, the lobby looked great, I stood there at the front desk for twenty minutes before I even got across chance to check in, there wasn't anyone to check me in .finally this woman Jill begins speaking in the rudest way that I just turned and walked away! I don't know where they found that one at!! But I wasn't about to stay there. She left such a bad impression on me! I can't believe they allow people like that work behind the front desk!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
experiencedsleeper, Front Office Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2015

Tom,
I am so very sorry you felt I was very rude and you walked out of our hotel. I certainly would like to know specifically what I did to upset you so much. I have successfully worked in the customer service industry for almost 15 years, I can't imagine I offended someone that severely. Should you like to discuss further the issues you had with my attitude, please send me an e-mail to budgetinnflorence@aol.com.
We certainly do appreciate your response to the situation at hand.
Regards,

Reviewed 4 December 2014

The price was very good. The room was comfortable and quiet. The internet connection was good - never lost the signal. We also enjoyed the free breakfast. The desk clerk was friendly. Overall, a good experience. We stayed one night.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so very much for you review of our hotel. We certainly do appreciate your acknowledgement of the quality of our hotel for the price. I am pleased you enjoyed your quiet stay, and our hot breakfast. We do hope you will stay with us again.
Thank you again!

Reviewed 18 November 2014

We booked online and prepaid or we would have left. No lights in parking lot when we arrived. The heat was not on in the room and it was 26 degrees outside. The outside lock was broken to enter the back of the building so anyone could enter. Some of the room locks looked like someone tried to break into the rooms. Mostly Semi trucks in parking lot, not many cars on a Friday night. Power went out at night and so did hallway lights and heat.
The bathroom was full of black mold around tub and black mildew all over ceiling, wallpaper peeling and bottom of tub was disgusting. We did not even shower.
Please to not stay here, there are other hotels in area with comparable prices that are safer and cleaner.

Room Tip: Not sure if there is a good room in this hotel. Maybe 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
experiencedsleeper, Front Office Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2014

Thank you so very much for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites. Please let me inform you that at any time you check into a room and prepay, if you are not satisfied, you may always change rooms, or we can always work with the company it was paid through to refund your money. The last thing any of us, especially our guests, is a dissatisfied guest. We do request you inform us of the problems immediately.
I would like to apologize for not having the heat on in the room. When reservations are made, we do the best we can to make sure the rooms are adjusted to a warmer temperature, however some later made reservations we are unable to achieve this. I would like to assure you we will address the concern of the outside door lock not working, we had no prior knowledge of this. Some of our rooms do have door locks missing in our hallways, in which we had to replace ones that were not working at all. Replacing these locks is in progress, we do apologize for the appearance of the doors and any issues it may have caused.
We do have a few truck drivers that stay with our hotel, most of them are regular guests, being that our hotel is the only hotel in the Florence area that can accommodate many drivers at once. I also will address the issue of the bathroom's cleanliness with our housekeeping staff. We certainly are working to improve our property every day, and our guests' feedback is the perfect way to do so.
Again, I do apologize for your having such an unsatisfactory stay. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with in the future.
Quality Inn & Suites-Florence, Ky

Reviewed 14 November 2014

Absolutely the worst motel I've stayed in. We had been driving for hours and were very tired so we stayed, even though the carpet was so disgusting that we didn't even take our shoes off. The bed sheets may have been freshly laundered but were covered in yellow stains. The mattress was so old it sagged in the middle. The breakfast consisted of cold, rubbery eggs, dried out sausage and cold coffee that was so bad I had to spit it out. I called the motel when I returned home to ask why an additional $10.00 was charged to my account on a separate bill and I was told it was because I had a pet. Some motels don't charge for pets and I wasn't asked if I had a pet on check-in so I assumed there would be no additional charge. I have no problem paying extra for a pet but not a motel that was more disgusting than any dog pen I'd let my dog stay in.

Room Tip: Don't stop. Keep on driving no matter how tired you are.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catherine B
experiencedsleeper, Front Office Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2014

Please let us apologize for not informing you of the pet fee. We certainly are a pet friendly hotel, however upon a guests' departure, when a pet stays in the room, we remove all linens and thoroughly clean them. We do not have a designated pet rooms only section of our hotel, and we do realize many guests have allergies to animals. This is why we charge the pet fee. Also, when travelling with a pet, it is your pet, not ours, that is why we do not ask our guests if they are travelling with a pet. It is your responsibility to inform the hotel that you are travelling with a pet. Most hotels do not ask that question, so you may want to keep that in mind for future travelling plans.
We certainly do apologize for the cleanliness issues you had during your stay. I myself spoke with you upon check out, and at that time you said you had a good stay, and passed on breakfast when I asked you about it. I assumed there were no issues with your stay. Next time, please let us know of these issues so we might be able to correct them while you are here. We certainly do want to keep our guests happy.
Again, we apologize for your dissatisfaction during your stay.