“Don't come, like an abandon house, Don't take your love ones here”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 15 July 2015

Where do I start, No Sign outside, Property looks bad, terrible, pictures on line are not up to date, if they were never would of booked. Hall way was musty & warm, no A/C, no food or drinks in vending machines, that should tell you something. As we walked towards our room, there were doors with no door handles, look like an haunted house, abandon house. After 3 trys we got door to open, we joked (me and my 2 oldest boys, 19, 21) the lights won't work and yes in deed, the light switch didn't work, after using our cell phone flashlight we found a light to work. The room looked like 1970, warm, musty, no A/C circulation at all. We requested online a Non-Smoking room, the hall ways and room smell like smoke. The A/C didn't really work, was warm and musty and smell of smoke all night long, bed sheets had cigarette burns on it, remember requested a non-smoking room, Terrible! Open the curtains and there is the pool, empty, with a little of rain water on it, health hazard, we didn't walk the hotel, gods only knows what else we would fine. Looks like Semi-Truck drivers spot to spend the night. Not a safe looking location either, Don't take your loves ones here, since it was just me and my 19, & 21 year son, we could tuff it out, but will only book Name brand hotels and the one with the best price that is a name brand we will stay, La Quinta, Holiday Inn, etc. We were here to check out MLB All-Star activities, we decided to leave on first flight 6 am to get our of this don't want to ever stay in a place like this again. If my wife and 7 year old would of been with me, no way in hell would we have stayed there!! No hot water either, mold in shower, you wouldn't keep your house in this bad shape, you wouldn't let family members stay in a very poor condition place. I can laugh now and learn my lesson, if a hotel doesn't have a refund policy, don't book it, go elsewhere, first sign of poor hotel, I book this the night before, read reviews, I read them not good, but price of $52 is reason I booked, spent another $25 - $75, and it can be a normal hotel, with A/C in hall ways and in room. Don't Come!! Listen to my Review, Go Elsewhere, name brand hotel, spend a little more for peace of mind!!

Room Tip: Don't Come! Keep looking for Better hotel, this isn't a place for your love ones to stay, Te...
Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank nelson c

Reviewed 1 April 2015

Under no circumstance go here. My wife and I booked this place on. Line with Hotels and discounts .com. What a mistake here r a few pics of the smoke smelly room. We booked a nonsmoking room. There was NO sign out front was told they are waiting for a new sign. So your best bet is to drive right by and never ever go in. The ice machine was broken, they only had one for 100 room hotel. The high point was the girl at the front desk got us some ice thank you Christine . We went to the dollar store and bought air fresheners for the room. If you are wondering why we stayed is at the bottom of the reservation on Hotels and Discounts.com it says no refunds. I will NEVER use this web site again. Emailed them and asked them to contact me never got a reply. Now if I can figure out how too a pics I will

Stayed: March 2015
Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

I was on my way Tennessee to spend time with family before the Christmas holiday. I was very tired from already driving seven hours ,when I decided to stop and get a good night's rest, the lobby looked great, I stood there at the front desk for twenty minutes before I even got across chance to check in, there wasn't anyone to check me in .finally this woman Jill begins speaking in the rudest way that I just turned and walked away! I don't know where they found that one at!! But I wasn't about to stay there. She left such a bad impression on me! I can't believe they allow people like that work behind the front desk!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
experiencedsleeper, Front Office Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2015

Tom,
I am so very sorry you felt I was very rude and you walked out of our hotel. I certainly would like to know specifically what I did to upset you so much. I have successfully worked in the customer service industry for almost 15 years, I can't imagine I offended someone that severely. Should you like to discuss further the issues you had with my attitude, please send me an e-mail to budgetinnflorence@aol.com.
We certainly do appreciate your response to the situation at hand.
Regards,
Jill Sparks
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 4 December 2014

The price was very good. The room was comfortable and quiet. The internet connection was good - never lost the signal. We also enjoyed the free breakfast. The desk clerk was friendly. Overall, a good experience. We stayed one night.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so very much for you review of our hotel. We certainly do appreciate your acknowledgement of the quality of our hotel for the price. I am pleased you enjoyed your quiet stay, and our hot breakfast. We do hope you will stay with us again.
Thank you again!

Reviewed 18 November 2014

We booked online and prepaid or we would have left. No lights in parking lot when we arrived. The heat was not on in the room and it was 26 degrees outside. The outside lock was broken to enter the back of the building so anyone could enter. Some of the room locks looked like someone tried to break into the rooms. Mostly Semi trucks in parking lot, not many cars on a Friday night. Power went out at night and so did hallway lights and heat.
The bathroom was full of black mold around tub and black mildew all over ceiling, wallpaper peeling and bottom of tub was disgusting. We did not even shower.
Please to not stay here, there are other hotels in area with comparable prices that are safer and cleaner.

Room Tip: Not sure if there is a good room in this hotel. Maybe 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
experiencedsleeper, Front Office Manager at Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2014

Thank you so very much for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay at Quality Inn & Suites. Please let me inform you that at any time you check into a room and prepay, if you are not satisfied, you may always change rooms, or we can always work with the company it was paid through to refund your money. The last thing any of us, especially our guests, is a dissatisfied guest. We do request you inform us of the problems immediately.
I would like to apologize for not having the heat on in the room. When reservations are made, we do the best we can to make sure the rooms are adjusted to a warmer temperature, however some later made reservations we are unable to achieve this. I would like to assure you we will address the concern of the outside door lock not working, we had no prior knowledge of this. Some of our rooms do have door locks missing in our hallways, in which we had to replace ones that were not working at all. Replacing these locks is in progress, we do apologize for the appearance of the doors and any issues it may have caused.
We do have a few truck drivers that stay with our hotel, most of them are regular guests, being that our hotel is the only hotel in the Florence area that can accommodate many drivers at once. I also will address the issue of the bathroom's cleanliness with our housekeeping staff. We certainly are working to improve our property every day, and our guests' feedback is the perfect way to do so.
Again, I do apologize for your having such an unsatisfactory stay. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with in the future.
Jill Sparks