“Home made and it shows!”
Review of Sunrise Bakery

Sunrise Bakery
Ranked #5 of 12 Bakeries in Lexington
Reviewed 26 February 2017

Great place for a bakery breakfast-cinnamon rolls w/o the drippy cinnabon chemical flavor, scones, pastries, great Southern-style biscuits. The best hot chocolate I've had in awhile. Reasonable prices. Dont' miss this one!

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped here for lunch but they were closed. The owner felt bad for us and was so kind. She invited us in for a free loaf of bread and we were able to buy some of their excellent cookies. We'll definitely be back for some of their awesome sandwiches.

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

My hubby and I have done a few other diners and restaurants in Lexington during our anniversary trip, but this bakery was a hidden gem! The croissants were the best I've had, the coffee was great and the environment cozy and inviting. Highly recommend!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

We found our way to the bakery from trip advisor. It sits on the same block as our hotel. We wanted pastries and coffee to take back to our room for a quick breakfast. The bakery is amazing. From the moment you walk in, you feel the local vibe. They know their customers by name and welcome everyone with southern hospitality. The smell makes you want to try one of everything. Beautiful treats cover every surface. We picked an assortment of things and hit ham croissants. All of it amazing! The cheese Danish and chocolate croissant were the favorites. We loved it so much we went back the second day to get goodies to for our long trip home. We also tried the sandwich of the day and so wished we'd gotten 2. The foccocia was the best I've ever tasted and the sandwich a new favorite! If you are near by you must go. A quaint place to eat in or carry out. I would have loved to sit down and with my delicious chocolate latte, cherry turnover and stay a while. If I ever get back to Kentucky, it will be on my to do list! Go, it's awesome!

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

We were recently in Lexington for a wedding, and stay downtown on our last night. In the morning we ventured up Main Street to the Sunrise bakery (we had seen the night before.)

We arrived about ten minutes before the 8:00 opening. My wife didn't want to wait, until I pointed out the small herd of locals who are obviously waiting for the bakery to open. Thinking a good sign

We both got absolutely scrumptious chocolate croissants to go with our coffees.

They were so good I went back in and bought two croissants to go, making part of an easy dinner when we arrived home.

Check this place out. You'll love it.