“Nice stay”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Stayed here on our way to TN. Really enjoyed the hotel, rooms and pool. Location was great, right off the highway. Beds were comfortable. Hotel was a bit humid and bathrooms need updated, but would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: great location off highway, next to gas stations, coffee, McD
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Guest. Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay and just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

This was our second time here and more than likely the last time.

Nearly everything that was so positive last year and made us come back was gone.
What was new, oh yes the raised the rates. Nothing wrong with that, but if you do a nose dive in service at the same time, not a good idea.

The only really good thing was the nice Lady at the reception during the afternoon (I saw her always around 5-6 PM and after).

The hotel shows obvious signs of neglect. There is dust in every corner. For example therein the reception area is a sofa, two chairs and two tables. The smaller one has not seen a duster in weeks! Same goes for the handrail, the rapper at the doors and so on.
They do have a pool, we used it only once, cause it was mostly closed and as the rest of the hotel not so clean. The water was so warm that I first thought they intended to use it as a spa.

I could go on with several more things, but it would be too much.
Just one more thing, which really peeved me, on my last morning I walked to the small breakfast area (as always most things needed restocking, but well one get used to that), I looked like a tornado had hit the few small tables and the surrounding area. Every table was littered with crumbs and sticky. I get it when kids eat it can get messy, but there was no kid to see anymore. But two women, behind the reception (one of them was always in charge to restock the breakfast area) and watching me while I tried to clean one table with a napkin a best as I could.
The service did not stop there, no after I got my coffee and cereals (With the rest of the milk!). They both moved to the PC in the corner to surf the Internet, could see it from my table clearly.

Well I get it, customers and guests are pain, but in the end they pay the wages.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. Furthermore, I will personally supervise that all your other complaints are addressed that everything will be in order on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back then.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

The room was clean, the bathroom could use some TLC. I rated as average because nothing was over the top exciting. The "fitness room" is very poor, only a treadmill and spinning bike and smelled like old sweat.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our housekeeping management. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Easy to get to, close to interstate, great rooms, friendly staff, nice Continental breakfast. Just would like to see TV guide for the rooms. Please change your survey. Just make it short and sweet, and no minimum on comments

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
GuestHouseLex, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear Sanibel71 Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are working with printing company on creating TV guides for all rooms I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and checked out today. The rooms are quaintly decorated and the atmosphere is comfortable. Kelly checked us in and gave us an awesome dinner recommendation (Harry's). Jessica checked us out swiftly in the morning. The only qualms I have about this place are regarding the breakfast. The breakfast attendant was extremely inattentive. Tables were dirty, trash was overflowing, and coffee and breakfast items were constantly out of stock. When more breakfast finally was brought out, it was either burnt or cold. Based on how the lobby and breakfast area looked, you'd think there was no attendant. I discovered while chatting with some guests that frequent this hotel that this is typical of breakfast here. If you want a decent breakfast experience I'd suggest going to the McDonald's next door or the Cracker Barrel down the road.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our housekeeping management. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.