“Old Lexington atmosphere”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Main & Woodland
Transit: The Lextran Trolley runs to the corner of Midland and East Main Street, one block west of The Julep Cup. Trollies run daily between the hours of 9AM and 3PM from downtown hotels and the convention center. Lextran City Buses stop on East Main at the corner of Woodland in front of The Woodlands where The Julep Cup is located.
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Sometimes you want the newest hippest place and sometimes you want a place that is quiet and comfortable. This is that place. Horses and dogs, leather and wood. Maroon and hunter green. Classic. The chef usually offers a taste of a little "amuse-bouche", or small bite. They are always delicious. The food is very good. Top quality ingredients. The drinks are good and the service is always very good. I love the music too.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Ordered several dishes and our family was fighting for bites of each other's meals! Live 1.5 hours driving distance away, but will adjust my travel schedule when headed towards Lexington to make sure I get a meal here. Amazing!

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to the Julep Cup (I always like to give a place two chances), but it was very underwhelming again.

The drinks are outrageous ($8 for a well bourbon in Lexington, KY is a travesty).

The food attempts to be a little fancier than it is. The prices are finer-dining. The taste not so much.

I wouldn't recommend.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Locally owned and operated with a flair! I eat at this fine restaurant at lease 2xs a month! The atmosphere is welcoming and friendly. I usually eat in the bar area where bartender Billy, makes a great drink! The wine list is carefully chosen personally by the owners-Carole and Bill, showing their superb knowledge of great wines at good prices. I have never had a bad meal at the Julep Cup, from hamburgers to salmon. I especially love the grilled romaine salad and fried chicken.
There is a nice patio for summer dining. For dining where the locals go, you can not go wrong!
On the weekends they have music in the dining room!
Love it!

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

We were in our way to a fundraiser, so we thought we'd try the Julep cup because the reviews were so good. We were not disappointed. The salmon was amazing, and the pork chops were divine. Bar selections are great, and if you know Bourbon, they know bourbon. The service is great, and the live music was fun. It's a throwback to a time people lingered over dinner and conversation, so the seats are very comfy and the place is filled with conversation. A great place! We will be back.