“Really tasty food, and always easy to get a seat.”

The Julep Cup and Seahorse Lounge
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Main & Woodland
Transit: The Lextran Trolley runs to the corner of Midland and East Main Street, one block west of The Julep Cup. Trollies run daily between the hours of 9AM and 3PM from downtown hotels and the convention center. Lextran City Buses stop on East Main at the corner of Woodland in front of The Woodlands where The Julep Cup is located.
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We have eaten at the Julep Cup probably 5 times this past year. It is always good and well prepared. I am at a loss why they are not more crowded - even on Friday nights. Probably because is is no in one of the major restaurant clusters. The prices are also about average for good restaurants. The are items that are very reasonable in price, and items that are a lot more expensive. But whatever you order, it always tastes good.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

We had an excellent lunch while visiting relatives. We ordered the brussels chips appetizer. I highly recommend it. Two of us had the chicken salad plate, which came with zucchini bread, raisins & pecans. Great mix of flavors. My sister ordered the spring mix with salmon and really enjoyed it.
The service was very good. Loved seeing all the horse pictures. Great meal!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

My husband and I had never been to Lexington (nor had tried a mint julep), so why not try to the Julep Cup, right? The mint julep was excellent and the dinner was equally as fantastic. I had the shrimp and grits in wine sauce and my husband had the filet. The food was excellent and the restaurant was homey. The restaurant had a horse theme and was very interesting. A must see while in Kentucky.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Sometimes you want the newest hippest place and sometimes you want a place that is quiet and comfortable. This is that place. Horses and dogs, leather and wood. Maroon and hunter green. Classic. The chef usually offers a taste of a little "amuse-bouche", or small bite. They are always delicious. The food is very good. Top quality ingredients. The drinks are good and the service is always very good. I love the music too.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Ordered several dishes and our family was fighting for bites of each other's meals! Live 1.5 hours driving distance away, but will adjust my travel schedule when headed towards Lexington to make sure I get a meal here. Amazing!