Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$98
avidHotelsUS$98
PricelineUS$98
Hotels.comUS$98
TravelocityUS$98
Orbitz.comUS$98
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2022 via mobile

Highly recommended for your overnight stay on I-75. Easy on and off. Good choice of food services in the area. Costco nearby for gas. Spotlessly clean, comfy bed, fantastic walk in shower. Continental breakfast with a wide selection of items. Great coffee. Friendly and helpful reception. Well done!!! Rating: six stares out of five.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Theresa Moran, General Manager at avid hotel Lexington - Hamburg Area, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much, Gary. We try to make every stay just right and are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope that you will come see us again the next time you come through. We appreciate that you left your kind comments with us and thank you for staying. -Theresa M

Reviewed 29 October 2021

THis was a relatively new hotel. The mattress was very lumpy. THe telephone was not working at all. It would have been useless if there had been an emergency. Television did not have a consistent signal. Very difficult to watch anything. There seemed to be a problem in many rooms since I was at the front desk(since phone didn't work) asking about tv and another guest was complaining too. Breakfast was minimum - cereal, breakfast bars and coffee.

Date of stay: October 2021
Theresa Moran, General Manager at avid hotel Lexington - Hamburg Area, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2021

Thank you for leaving your comments, Lesile. I am very sorry to hear that you had these problems with your guest room and have since then corrected the issues with the tv's and the telephone. Your valuable comments will help us improve so that we can ensure top quality stays for all of our guests. We hope you’ll give us another opportunity next time you’re in town. We regret that you had a bad first impression. Thank you for staying with us and leaving us the positive scores despite your room issues.

Reviewed 8 October 2021

We recently stayed at this hotel while on a getaway trip. Just my wife and I, we enjoyed this new hotel for 5 days. It was in a great location with much less traffic than other areas in Lexington with many places to eat in close proximity. We always felt safe in and outside the hotel. Our king room was extremely clean though not very large, which was not a problem for the two of us. We liked the layout of the room, with convenient areas to place luggage. It had a very large tv and we slept incredibly well on the bed. The staff were very nice and the breakfast provided had a good selection. No negatives except for a small blinking light on the fire monitor that could be distracting in a totally dark room. The front desk said they were addressing that. All in all, I will definately stay at this location again if we return.

Date of stay: October 2021
Theresa Moran, General Manager at avid hotel Lexington - Hamburg Area, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2021

Thank you very much for your comments from your guest survey and for your support of the avid hotel Lexington. We appreciate being able to share your comments with our staff as we always enjoy praising them for their hard work as well as look for opportunities to improve. Please accept our genuine thank you for being our very good guest and we hope to serve you again soon. Thank you again for choosing the avid hotel Lexington and we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2021 via mobile

Just opened within the month so I won’t be picky….except on the room TV. And it’s not picky. Loaded with major video glitches, breakups on most channels. Like streaming with bad WiFi. I told the lady at the desk and she looked at me. Didn’t even ask my room number. Maybe everyone was complaining.

Rooms are small, no closet (hooks on wall), good number of USBs for charging, great darkening shades, room cleaning every 4 days, desk chair on rollers on hard floor (noisy id people above you are rolling around - it’s a concept that you would expect a lower price for but not on a UK game weekend. There are an awful lot of hotels at this I-75 exit and we’ll be picking a different one next time we visit the kids.

Room tip: Breakfast is free with brand name products. Coffee ground per cup and some fruit. Above average for a free breakfast hotel.
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TallTVTraveller

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that everything was not just right for you. Please know that we appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments with us and that they help us to improve going forward. The avid brand was built on brand feedback and we are always looking forward to make every stay just right for our guests. We hope you’ll come see us again. -Theresa M

Reviewed 19 September 2021

As the second reviewer of this hotel, and as someone who has stayed at over a dozen different hotels in the Lexington area in 25 years, I am not nearly as enthusiastic about this place as the first reviewer was. It does have good points, including low rates compared to other nearby hotels, a more quiet setting than most hotels in Hamburg (it is not perched right off of the interstate), a big bathroom with a big shower (the door on mine wasn't installed quite right and leaked a little at the bottom), a big breakfast area, brand new everything, and pillows of varying firmness that are marked on the pillows. However, it has some design features that are apparently common to the new Avid chain, but that just make me scratch my head:

a. The worst feature is the HVAC system. It was slow to cool the room down, and then I noticed it went back to 76 after I had gone out for a few hours. I thought something was wrong with the system, but I called the front desk and they said it has a motion sensor. It shuts off and defaults to a high temperature when there is no motion in the room. That applies during the night too, so the room gets very hot as the system does not pick up simple tossing and turning while sleeping. You have to get up and turn on the air if the room gets too hot.

Another bad feature is that you can't even leave the fan on to help circulate air, even if the A/C is off. Most hotels have HVAC systems that allow you to do that, but I checked with the front desk and they said it can't be done at the Avid. Without the air circulating, you can hear everything. I bring a portable noise maker with me, as I am a poor sleeper, but most people don't have anything to help with drowning out noise.

b. I think this is the only hotel room I have ever stayed in without a closet. All it has is a bunch of hooks, and a few hangers to use with the hooks. In general that is not a problem, but if you come in wearing a wet or snow-covered coat, or have a wet umbrella, the water is just going to drain on the hotel floor. I have to say that seeing a room with a bunch of hooks on the wall makes the place look like a glorified dorm room; I guess I am way too old to be one of its target customers.

c. Many new hotels have in-room microwaves, but this one does not. It does have a small fridge, but it was quite noisy, and did not have a shut-off button like many other hotel mini-fridges do. Thankfully my portable noisemaker drowned it out.

d. The hotel has a convenient back door with immediate access from the rear parking lot to the elevators. However, no one had the sense to put a curb cut in the sidewalk behind the hotel. As a result, you have to lift up luggage to get it in the back. The hotel can actually fix this, so they should get someone out ASAP to make a cut and re-pour the sidewalk to fix that error.

e. The rooms are very small. I was in a double queen room, and it was the smallest double queen I have ever stayed in with the exception of the standard double queens at the Fairfield Inn on Newton Pike in Lexington (that hotel has double queen rooms of about the exact same size, but it does have a closet and not coat hooks). Apart from the bed and a nightstand between the beds, there was only enough room for a desk and a desk chair. That desk chair is the only place in the room to sit, and it is directly in front of the AC unit which is blasting out air because it only comes on when it detects motion. Unless people who are staying in the room are leaving as soon as they get up in the morning, and then coming back right before bed, this really is not a place to stay for more than one person.

After all these comments, the normal reader must be asking why I even gave this place 3 stars and not one or two. I gave it 3 because I could actually sleep well there with the help of my noisemaker. The beds have new mattresses and not the broken down ones I have recently encountered at the Homewood and Fairfield (see my reviews). The door to the hall is very thick, and the room's blackout curtains are very good at keeping out light. I had people staying around me, but I generally heard nothing from them. I might consider staying here again, but not for a very long stay or at a time when the room would get very hot or very cold at night with the HVAC system shut off because of the motion sensors.

In closing, this is a case of getting what you pay for. The typical rate seems to be under $100 per night (but double that during football weekends), but you are getting a very small room. I was not in a king room, but you should note that the Avid website says that the king rooms are 55 square feet smaller than the double queens, which makes the king rooms really tiny.

Room tip: The back side faces a residential area and has the bigger double queen rooms
Date of stay: September 2021

Hi Go Penguins! Thank you for allowing the avid hotel to be your host while you were in the area. We are so glad that our accommodations were comfortable, safe and hospitable. We hope to be your hotel of choice each time you have cause to come to town. - Theresa M