“Worth the Wait”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 23 August 2017

There is always a line at Doodle's for good reason! The seating is more family style, you may end up sitting with "strangers" but really, are there such things when there is good food around?

1  Thank Lizabeth A

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Had their version of "egg in a hole", and could not eat it fast enough. Get there early though. They close at 2pm, and they get busy quickly.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

OK, good food, reasonably priced, easy parking, reliable quality, and original. Since over the menu board says "Be nice or leave." Localvore fare. Son loved the pesto cheese quesadilla he got twice, then enjoyed the huevos rancheros for Saturday brunch, when his first choice dish wasn't offered. I enjoyed the Lilllie'sEgg Doodle with cheese grits my first visit, and Tara's tasty has my second visit. I was thinking of going back to me the Egg Doodle or swtiching to pesto cheese quesadilla but was thinlled on Saturday AM to see the brunch specials, and oh was that French toast special (layered with pears and other fruit and almonds, and covered with custard, whipped cream nad nthen more frut and nuts on top). Coming from Vermont, I often find the fake syrup acrid and unpleasant, so I was very happy that the French Toast was so moist with the custard that I didn't need to use syrup at all. My husband enjoyed his three meals as well (omelette, heuvos rancheros and the waffle special with fruit and walnuts layered, but he needed to use syrup). Staff friendly , prices good, system is well labeled and easy to figure out (where to order, take your own silverware, bring your number, they bring food to you, they bus afterward). Easy to bring family. Pet-friendly. Outdoor seating with umbrellas as well as indoor. In an old converted gas station, so restrooms are accessible from outside, without need for key nor code.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We were in Lexington for a weekend and this was the best meal we had! Don't let the line out the door deter you. It was worth the wait! The staff was so great and attentive! When she saw the wait outside, The manager brought out beignet bites for everyone in line. The menu has everything from huevos rancheros to biscuits and gravy. You order at the counter and sit down. Drinks including coffee are self-service. The patio is quite large and very nice. If I lived close, I would come here every weekend! Dogs are welcomed on the patio and given bowls of water by the staff. My only complaint is that their house made hot sauce is not hot at all! :-(

1  Thank JenColumbus_OH
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Had Tara's Tasty Hash, surprisingly made with chunks of corned beef, celery and carrots, The corned beef was not pulverized like most. Served in a bowl with two eggs on top. I would have gave an excellent rating but the wife's veggie omelet was not firm and a tad watery.