“Nice place for a casual lunch with friends”
Review of Doodle's

Doodle's
Ranked #19 of 975 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 September 2017

My first time eating here. It surprised me that the bathrooms were located outside the building, until someone told me this used to be a gas station! They serve breakfast and lunch. My group ordered several different entrees and shared. The BLT sandwich with seasoned fried potatoes was excellent! The chicken salad was just plain chicken with cut up celery so a little boring there, but the fruit garnish was delicious. Friendly service, and nice-sized patio to enjoy eating outdoors when the weather is nice.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I really appreciate the KY Proud and organic ingredients, but honestly, we avoid this restaurant because the wait is long, somewhat anxiety-provoking and absolutely unnecessary. It is as if they are purposefully dragging things at the front so s to create the bottleneck.

The food is good enough and the venue is charming, but neither are so out of this world so to make the wait "worth it", in my opinion.

We went this weekend because we were meeting our kids and the restaurant we first selected didn't open early enough for our daughter to meet friends for the UK game. And, as every time we've been there before - several, but not recently - the line was slow, disorganized, then you bottleneck again at the coffee, etc. The silverware looks like cast offs from Waffle House. Why does that have to be so unappealing?

The patio is very pleasant on a beautiful day.

If lines and unnecessary crowding don't bother you, the food is good. The coffee is very good. The patio is a nice place to take your meal.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

There is always a line at Doodle's for good reason! The seating is more family style, you may end up sitting with "strangers" but really, are there such things when there is good food around?

1  Thank Lizabeth A
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Had their version of "egg in a hole", and could not eat it fast enough. Get there early though. They close at 2pm, and they get busy quickly.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

OK, good food, reasonably priced, easy parking, reliable quality, and original. Since over the menu board says "Be nice or leave." Localvore fare. Son loved the pesto cheese quesadilla he got twice, then enjoyed the huevos rancheros for Saturday brunch, when his first choice dish wasn't offered. I enjoyed the Lilllie'sEgg Doodle with cheese grits my first visit, and Tara's tasty has my second visit. I was thinking of going back to me the Egg Doodle or swtiching to pesto cheese quesadilla but was thinlled on Saturday AM to see the brunch specials, and oh was that French toast special (layered with pears and other fruit and almonds, and covered with custard, whipped cream nad nthen more frut and nuts on top). Coming from Vermont, I often find the fake syrup acrid and unpleasant, so I was very happy that the French Toast was so moist with the custard that I didn't need to use syrup at all. My husband enjoyed his three meals as well (omelette, heuvos rancheros and the waffle special with fruit and walnuts layered, but he needed to use syrup). Staff friendly , prices good, system is well labeled and easy to figure out (where to order, take your own silverware, bring your number, they bring food to you, they bus afterward). Easy to bring family. Pet-friendly. Outdoor seating with umbrellas as well as indoor. In an old converted gas station, so restrooms are accessible from outside, without need for key nor code.