“Brunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Awesome food, well worth waiting in the long line. Food served quickly once seated. Friendly service, def would recommend, just go early

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

My son and I ate here Saturday before a U.K. Football game. We are from out of town but he is a student at UK, so I wanted to change it up from the dining hall experience for him, and I live trying new places. He ordered the Dirty Shrimp and Grits , which are served over cheese grits...very yummy; I had the Tara hash and ate every last bit...yummy as well. Came with a choice of bread and I had the biscuit...hand made, light, fluffy..sliced and toasted. You can order all standard breakfast a la carte, sweet as well as savory choices and they offer coffees and teas as well as typical brunch "libations". You order, pay seat yourself and they bring your food. Diligently keeping their offerings local sourced.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Sunday morning we arrived just in time to avoid a rush! However the line moved smoothly and everyone seemed to be able to find seating. Husband had the French toast special which I did envy a bit. Bananas and custard were a perfect match for the special toast. I had the brunch biscuit and gravy which was way too much for one person! Cheese grits came with it for me; the other choice was potatoes. We placed our order, picked up our coffee, and found seating on the patio. It was a perfect morning to eat outside. We were served promptly and the servers were attentive and courteous. We sat at a large table and towards the end of our meal we were joined by another couple. Doodles is not traditional. In its former life it was a gas station and the restrooms are accessible from the outside. The food is farm fresh and I have never had anything I did not like! Sometimes it is very hard to make a decision. The two stratas on the menu were sold out Sunday morning. That makes me think they probably were sold out Saturday since the menu is for the weekend. The stratas are frequently sold out so maybe they could plan a bit better.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

My first time eating here. It surprised me that the bathrooms were located outside the building, until someone told me this used to be a gas station! They serve breakfast and lunch. My group ordered several different entrees and shared. The BLT sandwich with seasoned fried potatoes was excellent! The chicken salad was just plain chicken with cut up celery so a little boring there, but the fruit garnish was delicious. Friendly service, and nice-sized patio to enjoy eating outdoors when the weather is nice.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I really appreciate the KY Proud and organic ingredients, but honestly, we avoid this restaurant because the wait is long, somewhat anxiety-provoking and absolutely unnecessary. It is as if they are purposefully dragging things at the front so s to create the bottleneck.

The food is good enough and the venue is charming, but neither are so out of this world so to make the wait "worth it", in my opinion.

We went this weekend because we were meeting our kids and the restaurant we first selected didn't open early enough for our daughter to meet friends for the UK game. And, as every time we've been there before - several, but not recently - the line was slow, disorganized, then you bottleneck again at the coffee, etc. The silverware looks like cast offs from Waffle House. Why does that have to be so unappealing?

The patio is very pleasant on a beautiful day.

If lines and unnecessary crowding don't bother you, the food is good. The coffee is very good. The patio is a nice place to take your meal.