“Laid back joint”

Ranked #223 of 945 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Went to the Woodland location mid-afternoon before the Kings v. Wizards game at Rupp Saturday and found it to be a cool place. Not many people, but looked like there were some regulars watching football and getting buzzed on PBRs at the bar and a table of well behaved frat boys pregaming in the back. Large, open space so no one was loud or intrusive. The bartender was a doll and was doing pretty much everything on his own when we went in, but he still provided great and attentive service throughout. I had the fish & chips and it was really good and crispy! I love vinegar so I just had to dump some on, and completely ruined the delicious crispiness of the fish batter! Eat it with the awesome tartar sauce they provide & avoid the vinegar; it's too good to mess it up like I did! My friend had the new burger that's on the sheet by itself rather than the menu. It was sirloin & pork, jalapenos, maybe some cheese and siracha, I don't know exactly, but it looked like a ton of delicious stuff! I'm not a restaurant burger fan at all but it looked really good and she loved it! Best of all our food kept us full for hours, didn't hurt our stomachs, and she had a fancy beer and I had a whiskey and coke and our bills with 20%+ tips were less than $18.

I really liked the vibe of this place so if I lived in Lexington I would probably come here after work pretty often.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Great atmosphere, great food, great location! Had been going there for years and now that I don't live in KY anymore, I really miss it. 100% recommended.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

Traditionally Irish, the brunch here is cheap, the mimosas are bottomless, and the food is pretty darn good.

Reviewed 10 July 2015

The Voodoo Burger is horrible and so is the service at Lynagh's! At 12:30 pm we went to Lynahs for lunch as soon as we walked in the door the server asked what we wanted...we had no idea we had never been there before. Several minutes later the server returned, we ordered 2 voodoo burgers, fries & Klosh beer. After we placed our order another server/bartender with red hair returned 4 burgers to the kitchen. Within a matter of minutes we received our order, I'm sure it was the order that was returned. The redheaded server delivered our food, the fires were ice cold. She was very put out when I told her the fries were cold. She returned with another order of "crumbs" and acted like she did me a favor, of course both orders were cold & she had to return the second order. The "Voodoo Burger"was awful I could even finish eating it. Our beer arrived at the same time as the food. The beer was great! We will not return.

Reviewed 7 April 2015 via mobile

If you don't mind the dive bar feel, it's great. Wide selection of beers, rotating taps. Burger is awesome, but the buffalo chicken is the hidden gem, one if the best sandwiches I've ever had. Fries are also world class, but they don't come with the sandwiches, three bucks extra. Which makes it probably about 10% more expensive relative to similar spots.