“Saturday night in October after Keeneland race track”
Review of The Sage Rabbit

The Sage Rabbit
Ranked #207 of 942 Restaurants in Lexington
Reviewed 26 October 2015

We visited Sage Rabbit with 6 guests. Our group ordered soup, salad, pasta, fish and pork tenderloin. Everything was outstanding, 2 of our guests were out of town guests and felt it was wonderful. I feel very lucky to have this restaurant in Lexington. We loved it and will enjoy it.

Reviewed 23 October 2015

Very disappointed in the food at The Sage Rabbit, had such high hopes. Food was not very flavorful and just mediocre at best. The fettuccine dish, which I did not have thank goodness (I just tasted a friends), was so flavorless and boring I was embarrassed for the chef that prepared it. I would not dine here again, not a good experience and an expensive meal that should have been much better quality.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

My wife and I were visiting relatives in Lexington and also to attend a football game and reunion. We were taken to this new restaurant in the charming Chevy Chase area for lunch on Thursday. The weather and patio table were perfect and spacious. Three of us ordered the scallop pesto risotto special and were happy we did. Very flavorful dish...the scallops savory. My wife had the spinach salad with scallops and loved it. Service was friendly and prompt. Experienced owner & head Chef John Foster spoke with us. He also teaches culinary classes at a local college and has prior proven success in Lexington. Impressed with our experience, we returned again two days later on Saturday night. I ordered the roasted hen, roasted potato & squash special. It was served with crumbled cornbread and a sauce complementing all the flavorful ingredients. The restaurant was very busy, service was friendly and competent, the larger dining room comfortable. The recommended wine was perfect. My wife's seafood special was equally satisfying. We live in Cleveland, OH with an active restaurant scene. However, our two visits to Sage Rabbit were most satisfying and we look forward to returning again on our next visit.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

Located in the Chevy Chase district, this is a nice smallish place. Patio is covered and airy. Lunch was good.

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

We went on a Friday night and the crowd was sparse. Service mediocre. Our waitress was friendly, but food came very quickly with one course being served right after we started prior course. The seafood special was decent except for the fact that it was laden with an extremely bitter basil that over powered the entire dish and made it difficult to enjoy. My spouse's crab cake was good, mostly crab, but drenched in sauce that was too salty. The appetizer of tomatoes with a goat cheese topping tasted like great tomatoes with heavy amounts of prepackaged herbed spread. Overall, nothing was awful, but I wouldn't eat there again