Louisville Marriott East(Louisville)
US$199
  • Restaurant
Dupont Mansion B&B(Louisville)
US$149
All reviewsexpo centerexecutive westblue horse cafelifeguard on dutytwo sinksdog showfreedom hallamusement parkfirst floorfree shuttlestate fairlouisville airportshuttle servicechurchill downsvery nice hotelbeds were comfortableindoor pool
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Very friendly and helpful staff. Close to airport (free shuttle) and Kentucky Convention Center. Shuttle driver took us to Churchill Downs as well. A theme park is close by as well but I did not attend. Overall a nice hotel and great place to stay.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the view from the corner room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Nona W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We're glad that you found our location convenient. On your next visit, we are happy to share with you a sample itinerary that will help you maximize your stay in the area. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Let me start with my main issue at ALL hotels. I am a business traveler...PLEASE give me an internet system that works. I have stayed here in the past. (Even though I am a Platinum for life with Marriott, there is a courtyard next door) I also am a Platinum with IHG. My last stay here was internet challenged and this time was even worse and I was told they just did an "upgrade" last winter. I think they need to get a refund on that "upgrade" The internet was a challenge and when I called the front desk they gave me a number to call to try and correct the connection. I even went to the lobby....Much frustration and I told them again when I checked out in the AM. My friend was also staying there and he had the same issues and he did call to get the internet...spent 45 minutes of his life trying to get it right. SOOO if you want a working internet, do not stay here plain and simple.

That being said I did have a good experience in the outdated bar area for supper. They were out of ribs...second time for that to happen to me. Audra the really wonderful server working with us was trying her best. She is a great asset for them. She made every attempt to make sure we had the best service. In the morning my breakfast was warm and good....Loved the bacon! The bed was comfortable however I heard water running in my bathroom and could not figure out where the sound was coming from...not a loud noise just sounded like the toilet tank had a leak at the flapper valve. I lifted up the top however and could not find the source of the noise.

The air conditioner is really old and noisy, but it did not look dirty so that is always a plus. I probably will not stay here again as it really does need an upgrade. I'm sure being by the airport helps and it does have a convention center in it. It really is old and for being a Crowne Plaza it needs to upgrade or take that name off as it is hurting the brand. I would have rated the stay a 2.5 if they had that rating, The staff helped me NOT give it a poor (2) rating.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Nona W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dennis, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. We are happy to hear that our staff made your feel at home. However, we are very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. We would like to learn more about your internet connectivity issues in the hotel. Please respond with a phone number or email address so our Hotel Manager can discuss your issues personally.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This hotel could easily be in Reno, NV with a $49 room special, it's that old. It also reminds me of an old fashion Vegas style hotel, one that is either in need of updating or demolition.

The carpet and doors that comprise the hallways have long since peaked. The exterior style of the multiple entrances is from an era when big hotels were the center of many events. Sadly, today the this Crowne Plaza is just not worthy of the brand it represents.

However, not everything is bad with the property. For starters, the hotel is located right across the street from the Expo center, home of the KY State Fair. It's the perfect location if staying overnight to catch a flight, too. The pool is spacious, large enough for a lifeguard to be on duty, and certainly large enough to enjoy a dip if other guests were around. The pool is an indoor/outdoor pool, with the side panels walls open during the summer months. And with a very spacious outdoor space, its easy to see how guest could enjoy a takeout dinner or room service by the pool while family and friends swim. It's also easy to see how in the good old days how this pool was the centerpiece of this once fine hotel. But that was then.

Today, this Crowne Plaza is outdated. And with an outdated pricing model for things like snacks, coffee, room service and breakfast buffet that are typically reserved for business travelers, this property fails to appeal to the other segment of the traveling public, families.

For this property to succeed, it must appeal to families. After all, Louisville is a college town, and with a great big pool and nice size rooms, why not re-purpose the property to families and put that great big pool to use again?

All of this said, the staff was very eager to please, and if you can score a basic room for under $75 for a night (or two), it may be worth it.

Beyond this, paying more than $125 a night for a basic room under the upscale brand of Crowne Plaza is simply not acceptable. Staying at a new Holiday Inn Express for $125 offers more value with modern touches and free breakfast, so really what is the point of staying at this property? You would stay at this property for only a several different reasons: use of a pool, cheap night stay, location to the airport or Expo center.

Beyond that, if you find a property that is the same rate but of a lower brand, especially one that includes some kind of free breakfast, choose the latter as this Crowne Plaza is simply not worth the premium.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Scot D
Nona W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Scot, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. We are very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our management. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

A few very positive remarks: the bed and pillows were the best EVER!; the shuttle to the fair ctr. and the bellman were exceptional; the dining room staff and food were delightful; the overall feel of the hotel is very upscale and high quality
One area of improvement needed: the check-in staff were not as pleasant as you would expect for this hotel (and seemed understaffed) & the IHG designated check-in desk staff were non-existent
Overall: I love this hotel and will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the front lobby otherwise there is quite a walk to the dining room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Nona W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Greg, we love hearing when guests have an awesome stay with us! We consistently strive to ensure each guest has a wonderful experience at our hotel. We're also happy you greatly enjoyed our bedding. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

One would think an enormous hotel with it's own expo center would have luggage carts for the guests, but you would think wrong. Front desk staff informed us none were available, but we could rent a bellman.

The interior safety lock in our room was shattered, which didn't make my wife happy, but we were at the end of the hallway and could block the door with a chair.

The room was quiet and the AC worked fine. Didn't try the restaurant. I booked my room on a name-your-price site and got it for $20 under the usual price. I suggest you don't pay more.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Nona W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Michael, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn from your inputs. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.