“Very nice staff dog and people friendly”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center
Ranked #46 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

On my way to moving to NYC I stopped in louisville with my dog. I usually don't feel comfortable when i have him with me because he is a big dog. The staff made me and Jack feel welcome. The front desk staff member Debbie was very kind and helpful and after a long drive that is much appreciated. The maintenance man Howard helped me to get towels and switch out my garbage so i could leave my dog in room while they were cleaning.
The restaurant staff was so welcoming to me for breakfast as well (no dog there, ha)
Thank you Crown plaza Louisville. Very nice stay

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Nona W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Tracy, we are so delighted you had such a wonderful stay at Crowne Plaza Louisville!! We will be sure to let our staff know how much of an impact they made on your experience. We are definitely happy to welcome you and Jack back anytime.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Our family of four stayed here on the way through on a road trip to Indianapolis. As many others have indicated, it is definitely an older hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly, but the room was not worth the $120 I paid. The lighting was dated and dim, there were rips and snags in the carpet, and the pillows were horrible.

We didn't have breakfast here, so I can't comment on the restaurant or bar.

All in all, there are better places to stay. I'm not sure that I'd choose this Crowne Plaza again, as the experience isn't what I'm accustomed to compared to other CP locations. And for sure, I wouldn't pay over $100 per night again.

If you need a close hotel to the airport, and don't mind the dated hotel, then this would be an affordable option for you.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank BrainOfJA
Nona W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. We are very happy that the staff was welcoming and accommodating. However, we are sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Regarding the guestrooms, please know that we are in the process of finalizing the renovation plan to update the hotel and enhance the physical room quality in the near future. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I travel frequently and experience a wide range of hotel levels. As a Crown Plaza level you hope for updated areas and heightened level of visual appeal. Being that I was here for business, I had no other option to stay here. Firstly, I was in room 324 which is an adjoining both directly adjacent rooms, so I had noise from both rooms traveling between the door ways. While the room was large, it sat directly above the front entrance and could hear 'people noise' coming and going from the hotel. The room decor is from the 80's and even older ugly AC unit was located inside the room. I'm okay with in room AC units, but didn't appreciate the dead cockeroach on the unit, nor the excessive noise the outdated beast produced. For the astronomical price (over $200), degree of comfort, noise level, and drabby outdated visual appeal, if ever in the area again...I would stay somewhere else. The one positive to the room was the fridge.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Nona W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Robyn, we greatly appreciate the opportunity to learn from your inputs. Regarding the guestrooms, please know that we are in the process of finalizing the renovation plan to update the hotel and enhance the physical room quality in the near future. It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

This should be re-flagged as a Holiday Inn, it's certainly not a Crowne Plaza! Poor service, run down dirty rooms, and tons of noise. Limited parking, parties all over the place all night long, no place open to grab some food nearby late night. Not what we were hoping for and definitely not worth the inflated price we paid.

Stayed: July 2017
Nona W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Mike, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We are sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not up to par. Please note that this information has been passed on to our concerned staff.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The hotel is perfect for being near the Expo and the Airport! You can't go wrong. My bed was one of the most comfortable ever and I travel A TON! Everyone was incredibly polite and thoughtful here!
Get a room on a higher floor away from the elevator for the most peaceful sleep ever! Everything even smelled fresh and clean!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Nona W, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Louisville-Airport KY Expo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel. We're glad that you found our location convenient. We are also very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.