hiko-A-mon Modern Japanese Sushi Bar & Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
hiko-A-mon Modern Japanese Sushi Bar & Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #211 of 1,817 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: East Louisville
Cross street: Westport Road
Transit: The Westport Village is off the newly expanded Westport Road between Herr Lane and Lyndon Lane, just east of I-264, 3 miles south of I-71, five miles west of 265 and 2 miles north of I-64. hiko-A-mon is located at the south part of the village (next to Gattiland).
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Ate at their Westport Village location. Very attentitive service and the food excellent.We wnt back a second time, it was so good. I have spent a lot of time in Japan on business and pleasure over the years, so I have a good feel for the real thing. THis restaurant and itd food would hold its own in Tokyo or Osaka, thats how ethenitic it is. Wife likes Tempura the best and I like their Bento Box, Good Japanese saky and beer selection.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

My without a doubt favorite go to place to eat in Louisville. The food is phenomenal and never fails to please. They have real sushi and they have Americanized rolls as well. Their shrimp dumpling soup is the epitome of umami. You cannot go wrong here with whatever you desire to eat.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

It is surprising to have Japanese restaurant in this city, kind of amazing place for asian people.
This time I have stayed in Louisville, only famous because of Kentucky Derby and nothing much.
About this Japanese place, we were about to have another place, its called Sapporo steakhouse but it seems closed for good so that my wife and I chose another one nearby.

When we got in, it seems like western bar not completely Japanese style place. waiters and waitress are Chinese, I am sure.
Indoor deco is on average and quiet. at least bunch people have enjoyed food there
And we tool the menu, it is normal Japanese food such as UDON, Fried food and something grill.
also we have roll sushi, we tool Four order sushi, it seems really huge and three main dishes. They are whole awfully nice. Sushi roll, DERBY is pretty good. take this.
Service is good only if the Chinese waitress could give us a smile, fortunately our main server is the waiter instead.

However, probably you could try this one if you are tired of PAPA John or White Castle.

Thank Chuck Cheng Chu... C
Reviewed 19 March 2017

We searched the most rated Japanese restaurant and went to this place. I will give 3.5 out of 5.The service 3.8 point, The accuracy on the request. 3. The quality of the food 4. But they gave us only lunch menu. But I saw that the server gave the other menu (Rolls) to other customer, which give me uncomfortable. There was only three table were filled include ours.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Liked the comfy booths, most unlike a Japanese restaurant.

The gyoza pork dumplings were crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. (x4 for $5)

Namesake Hiko-a-mon ramen had tasty pork bone broth. The look is eggy yellow. Fistful of noodles hid cut ginger slices that gave a sharp, pleasant kick to the bowl. ($12).