“Good takeout”

Ranked #1,053 of 1,813 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 October 2016

I was in town on business and staying a few miles from Liu's. At the end of a long day I wanted Chinese to take back to my room. The food was prepared relatively quickly and was very tasty. The only negative was that they didn't put utensils in the bag. Fortunately I was in a hotel and could just go to the breakfast area to get this. This was my first visit so I don't know if this was an oversight or standard practice.
I worked it out and enjoyed the meal.

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

The place looked a little dodgy but the food is pretty good. The dining room was half-filled with the workers and their children so it wasn't someplace I'd want to dine in, but if you want take-out then give it a try. They also deliver.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

I was staying at a nearby hotel which had Liu's Garden menu. I ordered for delivery - minimum of $15 was required and it was delivered very quickly. I ordered the sesame chicken with fried rice and egg rolls. The egg rolls and sesame chicken was great, the fried rice was ok. I appreciate that they deliver, after a long day including travel, it was nice not to have to go back out.

Reviewed 21 November 2015

Ordered chicken and broccoli- chicken was more like rubber. Also ordered spring rolls and they didn't come with my delivery order. I stopped by the place the next day to get my money back for the spring rolls (since the place is right down the street- and it was so utterly awful). The owner refunded me for the missing spring rolls, but not after arguing with me, accusing me of lying, and drawing the attention of the two customers in the restaurant. I left, got in the car- and much to my amazement, the owner ran out into the parking lot and continued the argument with me as I was driving away! -all over a couple bucks! I've ordered a lot of Chinese delivery- but this was the first time I just couldn't eat it. To be met with such defensive, ugly rudeness was a real surprise- when any reasonable proprietor would've responded with something along the lines of "I'm sorry you didn't receive the spring rolls- here's your $3 back."

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

This place was cheap as hell, $6.25 with a tip for General Tso's lunch meal. However, aside from being cheap there was nothing special about the place. Not terrible, not great. Just average.