“Hot Brown!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went to the cafe for lunch. We were tourists and had our baby so we weren't really dressed up like many of the other patrons. However, the waitstaff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating.
And the FOOD! It was delicious. Definitely worth the visit!!

Brad W, General Manager at Brown Hotel Lobby Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Greatly appreciate the good thoughts. Nice to hear about our staff and food.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You can't go the Brown Hotel without tasting the Original Hot Brown. It did not dissapoint! The historic surroundings and decor of this lobby bar and restaurant takes you back to a time when expence was cast aside for the sake of beauty.

Dear Susan,
Thank you for your kind thoughts, and noting our famous Hot Brown. I never miss a week without one!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time visit experienced valet employee welcomed us have directions and also took care of us when we left. New employee valet stood in our way while trying to pull in front of valet area as his co workers where motioning him to move which he did not, and was not very helpful thankfully the above experienced employee took over. There was a helpful young man who brought menus talked with us and helped and waited on other tables our waitress we had acted very oddly and was not always attentive to our needs the young man took care of us twice while she was know where to be seen wish I had gotten his name. Food again mixed reviews hot brown very good, truffle fries excellent my wife's steak over cooked. Hotel was not as grand as I had expected from the reviews and advertising, but after being used to the French lick resort properties it is hard to compete. We may get the J Graham cafe buffet for lunch but still undecided. Would we recommend that is left up to you.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your constructive thoughts.
Please let me know when your travels next bring you our way and I will reserve a nice table and ensure we meet all your expectations. I’ll have the Chef come out to take your order and ensure everything is perfect.
Hope to have you back with us again soon.
I know you will be pleased.
bwalker@brownhotel.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Walked here from another hotel to eat the hot brown. It lived up to every good thing everyone has written, although I think it was even better than that. Others mentioned how big it was so we only ordered one and split it. We told the waitress and she brought us each our own dish. Good thinking on our part. I also ordered a mint julep just to make sure I had bourbon in KY. Much stronger than I make at home.

As a side note I will say that I was surprised at how small this lobby bar really is. I came with a friend and the only table left was for 6. There just aren't that many tables so if you have 4 or more people you might have a hard time finding a table.

The building is stunning and worth a look just to walk through.

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the 5 stars and your nice thoughts.
Appreciate your constructive thought on our bar. By the time you return, we should have completed an addition to the bar which will give us much greater capacity.
Hope to have you back with us again in the Spring to see our renovation.
bwalker@brownhotel.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The experience was very underwhelming. I would expect far more for a place with a four diamond rating. The building itself was beautiful, however the service and food was not up to par. The server was friendly, but it took about 15 minutes just to get drinks. We ordered an appetizer which never came out. My husband's dish was just okay, and mine left me hungry and just plain not satisfied. He got the Hot Brown which we have heard so much about, and I ordered the shrimp and grits. The portion was absolutely tiny, and the grits were bland. The shrimp was plump and well prepared, and the sauce was okay. The Brown, apparently, is a must-do thing in Louisville. So I'm glad we went, but I have no intentions of going again.