“Best Fried Fish in Town”

The Fish House/Cafe Beignet
Ranked #171 of 1,904 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighbourhood: Highlands
Neighbourhood: Highlands
Reviewed 10 June 2018

The fish is fresh, well seasoned, hot and delicious. The staff can’t be nicer. They handle crowds well and treat everyone as if they are a regular and/or part of the family.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

My husband had told me prior to our trip that the building was not a palace, but the food was great! He was absolutely right. The store was very appropriate for a “fish house.” The owner was patient, explaining the various varieties of fish. We both ordered the scrod with fries, Mac and cheese, and vinegar based slaw. Very tasty. The iced tea was fresh. The patrons eating there were all going on about how good the food was; we couldn’t agree more. Our trip was a pleasant experience and we will return.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

This is a small out of the way restaurant. It is well worth taking the time to go and get some good fried seafood. You order at the counter and they bring your food out to your table. The gentleman taking the order must have been the owner. He was very friendly and asked about our visiting Louisville. He told us place to visit and things to do around the city. I ordered the catfish sandwich and it was great. The person I was with ordered the fried oysters and they loved them. About halfway through out meal the owner brought us a couple of beignets (no charge). This place was great.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I were in Louisville for a Mother’s Day trip and we happened to find The Fish House on trip advisor. Wow! We were not disappointed! In the words of my daughter...”It was everything I wanted it to be!” We had oysters and shrimp, fries, mushrooms, cole slaw and the MVP Mac n Cheese. Everything was fresh and delicious and the service was top of the line.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

If you are looking for good southern fried fish, this is the place. Whether you get Catfish or Pollock, the cornbread coating on the fried fish is great, Good fries hushpuppies, and coleslaw too. The jalapeno tartar sauce is super! Don't forget the beignets. Nothing fancy or healthy here, just good stuff! Parking can be tight in the area, so plan your visit accordingly. Plenty of indoor and outdoor seating.