Volare Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Volare Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,817 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jane Street
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really enjoyed the food--inventive, high quality, perfectly prepared--but the service was just terribly slow. It was so slow that we just didn't have time for after dinner drinks or dessert. It took two hours for only two courses (salad and main) and that was without ordering wine. I'm all for a nice long meal, but we just sat there for a lot of time.

1  Thank SCalCanz

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Every night you'll find half-priced bottles of wine, decent ones too. And the food is really good. We always have a great experience.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

I've been coming to Volare for years and it is consistently spectacular. I have attended for professional dinners, dinners with friends, and most recently for happy hour and the food and service are always among the best in the city.

Speaking of happy hour, I think that Volare offers one of the best ones in the city. From 4:30-6 every day of the week (that's right, weekends included) you can get a selection of appetizers and glasses/bottles of wine for half price. I've recently take to meeting friends here so that I can meet my goal of trying out every entree on the menu.

So far, nothing has disappointed. I had the clams and the bruschetta (from the big menu -- the one with goat cheese) recently with a friend and then the salsiccia (sausage for those who don't parlare italiano) on my most recent visit. The flavors in each are true to what you would imagine -- the goat cheese was creamy and not too tart, and the sausage had just a touch of heat and only the slightest hint of anise (something that I'm not crazy about but it tasted perfect with the sausage).

The service is impeccable. The bartenders can sense when I want another glass of water, and when I want to be left alone. It's always very discreet at the tables as well.

While in Louisville, make a visit to Volare part of your itinerary. I think you'll be happy that you do!

1  Thank Suzanne B
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Six of us came for dinner. Natasha was our waitress. She did a nice job. She was very knowledgeable about menu items and was very friendly and professional.

We got the mussels appetizer special which everyone loved.

We all ordered different items, but the dish I had was a pasta dish that definitely had to have been prepared with homemade noodles. Wow. Wow. Wow. All of us were pleased with our salads and entrees.

We got orange flavored creme brûlée with chocolate for dessert. It was very good.

This is a "must try" restaurant. We'll be back!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Disappointing experience. Chose Volare to celebrate my 60th birthday based on prior good experiences. Service has declined dramatically since my last visit. We arrived for an 8PM reservation but our table wasn't ready. We accepted a smaller corner table behind a glass partition beside a very noisy large table of 8. At 9PM we still didn't have our entrees. We ordered an $82 bottle of champagne. Our server never refilled our glasses, and the wine bucket was not easily within our reach. The restaurant manger came by a few times to refill our glasses and we finally just moved the bottle to our table. Food was just OK when it finally arrived. Birthday dessert was less than satisfactory ... no candle, nothing. It was such a poor experience that my husband took me to Porcini's a few days later and they did it right! Not even in the same league. The birthday dessert presentation was outstanding and attention by our server what one would expect. SO, we have a choice when choosing where to dine and it will not be Volare again anytime soon. I hope it was just an off night for them.

3  Thank Becky M