“Amazing variety of choices!”

Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 20 Bakeries in Louisville
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Since 1982 we have been Louisville's bakery and local ice cream shop. We are the only ice cream shop in Kentucky making our ice cream 100% from scratch, no box mixes. We buy all of our dairy 100% local, from Louisville's only dairy. We pledge to not use dairy products with growth hormones. We make and bake all of our cakes, pies, cupcakes, cookies, icings and more. Family owned and run since 1982. Stop in, we look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Came here via a recommendation from the hotel concierge and we were so impressed! Dozens of choices of ice cream, pie, brownies, and cakes! We tried a few different ones and enjoyed them all!

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I brought our 4 year old to Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen to celebrate his birthday. The staff was very friendly. I got a snicker doodle upside down cupcake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It was absolutely delicious. It's a good thing we don't live closer because I'd be broke from buying cakes, ice cream and pies. Go trust me you won't regret it.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Have been to the Pie Kitchen many, many times. I've tried countless items and enjoyed them all, however the yellow cake with caramel icing and the strawberry cake are standouts. But my favorite - favorite!!! - treat is the strawberry rhubarb pie. It's my favorite pie flavor and I haven't found a slice that compares to the pie kitchen's. Give it a try, it's out of this world delicious.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

We here on a Sunday evening & was very happy that they are open late!! They make all their ice cream & pies. Got a decent sized single scoop for the 3 of us. They even let me do 1/2 of one flavor & 1/2 of another! It was really creamy ice cream. There was 3 of us & all enjoyed our ice cream from a booth inside the store. The total for 3 single scoops was $9

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

My daughters and I joined friends for a post swim meet refresher here on a 90-degree-plus day. What a cool and pleasant oasis!

The options from sherbet to hand churned ice cream were endless. My daughters sampled half a dozen before selecting peach and smurf respectively. I went for the chocolate almond coconut scoop. And boy are the scoops generous!

We highly recommend this place and hear from friends the pies are awesome!