“Didn't taste homemade ”

Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 22 Bakeries in Louisville
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Since 1982 we have been Louisville's bakery and fresh churned ice cream shop. We make all of our baked goods and ice cream from scratch. We fresh churn all of our ice creams 100% from scratch. Stop in and try our award winning caramel dutch apple pie, or old fashion cakes, cupcakes and cookies.We are open 7 days a week. Family owned and run for over 30 years!
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We drove a good ways out of our way to try this place, and we're not that impressed. I had the top selling caramel apple pie, which was ok, but tasted like canned pie filling. Husband got strawberry rhubarb, and said the same thing. It wasn't terrible, just not homemade.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I brought my two sons here tonight and we ordered "everything but the kitchen sink" although it came with a sink!
Loved all nine scoops of ice cream! Highly recommend this sweet gem!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

...Except the sink was included too!

Pretty much every pie or cake you could want. Beautifully made, and delicious.

Ice cream can't be beat.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Came here via a recommendation from the hotel concierge and we were so impressed! Dozens of choices of ice cream, pie, brownies, and cakes! We tried a few different ones and enjoyed them all!

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I brought our 4 year old to Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen to celebrate his birthday. The staff was very friendly. I got a snicker doodle upside down cupcake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It was absolutely delicious. It's a good thing we don't live closer because I'd be broke from buying cakes, ice cream and pies. Go trust me you won't regret it.