“Didn't taste homemade ”

Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 45 Dessert in Louisville
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Since 1982 we have been Louisville's bakery and local ice cream shop. We are the only ice cream shop in Kentucky making our ice cream 100% from scratch, no box mixes. We buy all of our dairy 100% local, from Louisville's only dairy. We pledge to not use dairy products with growth hormones. We make and bake all of our cakes, pies, cupcakes, cookies, icings and more. Family owned and run since 1982. Stop in, we look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We drove a good ways out of our way to try this place, and we're not that impressed. I had the top selling caramel apple pie, which was ok, but tasted like canned pie filling. Husband got strawberry rhubarb, and said the same thing. It wasn't terrible, just not homemade.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I brought my two sons here tonight and we ordered "everything but the kitchen sink" although it came with a sink!
Loved all nine scoops of ice cream! Highly recommend this sweet gem!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

...Except the sink was included too!

Pretty much every pie or cake you could want. Beautifully made, and delicious.

Ice cream can't be beat.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Came here via a recommendation from the hotel concierge and we were so impressed! Dozens of choices of ice cream, pie, brownies, and cakes! We tried a few different ones and enjoyed them all!

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I brought our 4 year old to Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen to celebrate his birthday. The staff was very friendly. I got a snicker doodle upside down cupcake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It was absolutely delicious. It's a good thing we don't live closer because I'd be broke from buying cakes, ice cream and pies. Go trust me you won't regret it.