“Office Christmas party”
Review of Bistro 301

Bistro 301
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 301 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 1,817 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Located on the corner of 3rd and Market in historic downtown Louisville. A few blocks from the scenic waterfront.
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Really good food, good service, and nice place to enjoy a meal. We were there for a small get together for Christmas. We will be going back.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

My wife, a friend and I had 6pm reservations. We arrived on time order their Bourbon Experience Flights for $50 each. When the flights arrived the first flight was spilled in my lap after being instructed not to spill the flight because he was rushing with to many items to manage. The waiter did not apologize for the mishap,but eventually replaced the flight. We ordered two hamburgers and a chicken dish. Upon arriving the restaurant was not overly crowded. After placing our order, the restaurant began to fill. We watched much larger tables around us receiving their food, which had arrived at a much later time. I spoke to the waiter about this and he stated he would speak with the owner. He came back to the table and stated the food was coming but the owner stated we just had to wait. I asked to speak with the owner. He later came to the tablet. I informed him we had been waiting on our food for 1 and 1/2 hours and it had still not arrived. He stated it was because of the food we ordered. I said we ordered two hamburgers and the chicken. He said the hamburgers take a while to make. I explained we had dinner reservations and waiting 1 and 1/2 hours for food is not acceptable. He stated everyone has reservations and that is just how it is. You should expect to wait this long. I explained this was acceptable. The owner did not apologize and completely handled the situation poorly. The restaurant was under staffed and over booked. Poor, poor customer service. After 1 hour and forty minutes there, decided to leave without eating. We ate a burger and fries at the Yum Center. Treating customers this way will lead to poor profits Mr. Owner. You maybe able to get away with this now but I promise this type of treatment will not be tolerated by your customers. I hope all reading this find it helpful.

2  Thank natemeade7
Management response:Responded 30 June 2017

As you can imagine, we are very disappointed to learn of your recent visit with us. We pride ourselves on having fast and attentive service, so we sincerely apologize for the slow service you received. We also understand this situation could have been handled more professionally, and want you to know your experience is one we would never want any guest to have. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, as it will help us improve the quality of our service.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

We went here on recommendation of our seminar host. The food was terrific and the service -- Brendan -- was truly attentive and informative. Bistro 301 is just a short walk from the hotel at which we stayed. We could not have been more satisfied!!!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Worst meal I had in Louisville! The service was prompt but busy. Ordered a simple Caesar salad, the salmon, and a glass of wine. The salad was dressed out of a bottle and very shy on dressing. I had to request more. The bourbon/soy salmon was overly dry and the glaze had become so hard I could tap on it with my fork. It had a side of Brussels sprouts which were burned beyond consumption. The waitress even noticed, apologized, and took my drink charge off the bill but it didn't change how bad the food was.

1  Thank jorge g
Management response:Responded 26 May 2017

Jorge, as you can imagine we are very upset to learn about your recent visit with us at Bistro 301. Serving five star meals is what we pride ourselves on, so we sincerely apologize for your salmon being dry and your Brussels sprouts being brunt. It is clear we missed the mark during your visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and please know we will be using your comments to improve the quality of our meals.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

This place was once a very nice Bistro - with great food, lively atmosphere, and good service. Not so much anymore. The menu was not extensive before but now it is very limited. Service is lackluster. This place seems to have really gone down several levels over the past couple years.

1  Thank Jeff C