“Don't go there when you have a food allergy”
Review of Bistro 301

Bistro 301
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 301 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 1,821 Restaurants in Louisville
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Located on the corner of 3rd and Market in historic downtown Louisville. A few blocks from the scenic waterfront.
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Nice place and friendly servings, but even though the card indicates that you have to inform the waiter about food allergies, they don't seem to be aware that cheese includes dairy and fried onions include gluten when fried with other products. So if you don't have a food allergy: nice food and friendly people, bit if you do, don't go there.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Looking for a place recommended for good shrimp and grits, I came across Bistro 301. I wasn't disappointed. The shrimp and grits were unique to prior versions I've had but very good. I also got the wedge salad which was fantastic!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Really good food, good service, and nice place to enjoy a meal. We were there for a small get together for Christmas. We will be going back.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

My wife, a friend and I had 6pm reservations. We arrived on time order their Bourbon Experience Flights for $50 each. When the flights arrived the first flight was spilled in my lap after being instructed not to spill the flight because he was rushing with to many items to manage. The waiter did not apologize for the mishap,but eventually replaced the flight. We ordered two hamburgers and a chicken dish. Upon arriving the restaurant was not overly crowded. After placing our order, the restaurant began to fill. We watched much larger tables around us receiving their food, which had arrived at a much later time. I spoke to the waiter about this and he stated he would speak with the owner. He came back to the table and stated the food was coming but the owner stated we just had to wait. I asked to speak with the owner. He later came to the tablet. I informed him we had been waiting on our food for 1 and 1/2 hours and it had still not arrived. He stated it was because of the food we ordered. I said we ordered two hamburgers and the chicken. He said the hamburgers take a while to make. I explained we had dinner reservations and waiting 1 and 1/2 hours for food is not acceptable. He stated everyone has reservations and that is just how it is. You should expect to wait this long. I explained this was acceptable. The owner did not apologize and completely handled the situation poorly. The restaurant was under staffed and over booked. Poor, poor customer service. After 1 hour and forty minutes there, decided to leave without eating. We ate a burger and fries at the Yum Center. Treating customers this way will lead to poor profits Mr. Owner. You maybe able to get away with this now but I promise this type of treatment will not be tolerated by your customers. I hope all reading this find it helpful.

2  Thank natemeade7
Management response:Responded 30 June 2017

As you can imagine, we are very disappointed to learn of your recent visit with us. We pride ourselves on having fast and attentive service, so we sincerely apologize for the slow service you received. We also understand this situation could have been handled more professionally, and want you to know your experience is one we would never want any guest to have. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, as it will help us improve the quality of our service.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

We went here on recommendation of our seminar host. The food was terrific and the service -- Brendan -- was truly attentive and informative. Bistro 301 is just a short walk from the hotel at which we stayed. We could not have been more satisfied!!!