“Yum!”

La Potosina
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Marion
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I love their food. I normally order the steak or chicken fajitas, (Which I love!). They recently remodeled the inside of their restaurant and it looks great! I've never had bad service at La Potosina. Every time I'm in the restaurant, the workers always seem to be upbeat and friendly (sometimes you may even hear the owner in the back singing.. very loudly.. haha). Also, if you're kind to just about anyone you will receive kindness back ..In other words, if you treat the staff well, you will be treated well.. after all, who wants to serve a grouchy customer?

2  Thank 714BobM

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We have a large family and have eaten at La Potosina many times over the past 15 years. We moved back here from the Rio Grande valley along the Texas/Mexico border. Every time we've been to the La Potosina, our food and service has been excellent. The employees and the owner have been really friendly to us and we have always desired to return. Prices are reasonable and the only regret is that we wish we could eat out there more often. Some who can afford to eat out all the time at different restaurants are prone to be more "picky" about their food and service. But as for me and my family, WE LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!!! It brings back fond memories of Mexico when I dine there, where I am always 'well served'. (Bien Servido)

3  Thank James B
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Eaten there twice before in the past, nothing special at all...thought i would give it one more try. Ordered the shredded beef burrito w/beans n rice and guac salad...reasonably priced at 5.75...Until it got there...Instead of a burrito, there was a extremely salty enchilada sized roll of old tasting beef covered with a tasteless white watery cheese sauce, accompanied by very salty rice, runny refried beans...a simple lettuce salad topped with a soft slice of tomato and a teaspoon of plain guacamole...also included were a basket of cold tortilla chips and a horrible tomato sauce with a couple squirts of cheap hot sauce added...AKA salsa...The sign on the front door of the restaurant reads...Unless you order other food YOU WILL BE CHARGED 1.99 FOR THOSE CHIPS AND SALSA !!! OH Me OH My !! Very nice...
So after eating half the super salty mini burrito, a bit of the salad, a few chips, I paid my bill. When the owner gave me my change, I asked him if he was embarrassed or proud to serve such poorly done Mexican food? He answered that by yelling at me to "GET OUT AND NEVER COME BACK" !!!!! I just smiled and shook my head...Poor guy, Muy Muy Malo Comida !!

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Being a residents of Marion, KY, we have eaten here often, mostly because we do not have a lot of variety when it comes to places to eat in our town. This small Mexican restaurant can scratch the itch when you are craving Mexican style food, however much better alternatives can be found just outside a 30 mile radius. The staff they do have is kind and helpful, but we feel they are often undermanned. Black pepper seems to be the only spice they have and this disappoints us as we both enjoy our Mexican on the hot side. If Mexican is what you are craving, then go, but otherwise I would suggest steering away from this restaurant.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

When I eat Mexican, I like it spicy. It was not spicy at all. Even the salsa they serve with the chips as an appetizer was not spicy! That is usually very spicy!

Been to La Potosina? Share your experiences!