“Lots of pasta, very well done!”
Review of Pompilio's

Pompilio's
Ranked #10 of 108 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Live music Fridays and Saturdays, some Thursdays.
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Went for dinner on the recommendation of our concierge. Service was a bit slow at times, but attentive. We shared an antipasto salad (very good) and a "make your own" pasta dish of papardelle noodles and a putanesca sauce. The sauce was rich and savory, if a tad heavy on the capers, the pasta was perfectly cooked, and the portion was massive. I can't imagine one person managing that on her own. And the house-made tiramisu, which we enjoyed with cappucinos, was among the very best we've had this side of the Atlantic. Prices are amazingly reasonable, given the quality of the food. HIghly recommended

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped in after University of Cincinnati graduation. Nine of us. :). Great server (female, forget her name). The entrees were varied and the portions were huge. Everyone took home doggie bags. Tiramisu was also huge and delicious. We had a great time and would definitely return when in the area.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Pompillio's is a cultural, historical & culinary treasure! My friend loved the baked salmon & ravioli dish. I enjoyed the huge Cobb salad. Our waitress was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. We had good time in this cozy, down-home restaurant!

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

We were enjoying a day on the river walk in the Newport/Covington area with a dear friend. He suggested we dine at this restaurant. I had angel hair pasta with meat sauce and meatballs. They do not serve you a plate. I got what looked like a huge bowl. It was delicious but I could only finish about a third of it. Our friend had the variety of meat and his portion was huge. The same with my husband's spaghetti. You might want to check into splitting a meal or ask if they have half portions you can order. Their dressings for our salads were great. Our friend and I ordered taramasu for desert and wow, the portion was huge. My husband already said when we visit our friend again that he wants to go to this restaurant. Our water was very pleasant and attentive. To add a little history, this is where part of "The Rain Man" was filmed where the waitress drops a box of toothpicks and Dustin Hoffman tells her exactly how many she dropped. It was filmed in the tavern.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I love Popilio's. I order the same meal everytime. Lasagna and salad. The salad was fresh with Italian dressing. The lasagna was a large piece, which I took home half for dinner. The servers aren't very friendly but the gave prompt service.