“Bar-b-Q Ribs”

Parker's Drive-In Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 210 Restaurants in Paducah
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We were in town to see the Eclipse. We were looking for a good Kentucky Bar-b-Q on our route out of town. The visitor center (WhiteManor) recommended Parker's (because Parker's serves a local Bar-b-Q from a resturant that is not always open, nor was it on our route). It was a VERY authentic "Drive-In" (not many of those around anymore). The inside was a cross between greasy spoon and diner, decorated with 1950 icons. I loved the place (I felt like we could have gone back in time) and the guys behind the walk up counter where you order if you eat inside. We had 2 Rib dinners with fries, coleslaw, and Cokes (total b/4 tip $22). The food was FANTASTIC! It's also local ice cream stand, but we didn't try it.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped in after a long drive from Savannah on our way home to Kansas City. We read the reviews and decided to give it a try. We loved it. The food was delicious and the chocolate malt was the best I have tasted. Best of all, was the wonderful staff and charm of this place. A must if you are in the area! It's also very reasonably priced. 6 bacon cheeseburgers and fries and 6 malts/shakes for under $70.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Visited here for ice cream on a weeknight in June.

What we liked:

1. Adorable interior furnishings from the 1950s.
2. Car hop service (though we didn't take advantage of it).
3. Nice, smiling, courteous young people wait on you.
4. Extensive menu: This surprised us. All types of sandwiches and seafood and side orders like chili cheese fries, broccoli & cheese balls, nachos, cheese sticks, etc.
5. Shakes, malts, and something we really enjoyed: nutty dipped cones. Big and sloppy, but boy were they good.
6. Kids' meals.
7. Music not too loud.
8. Reasonable prices.

What we didn't like:

1. Nothing.

Would we return? Honey, if we lived in Paducah, we'd be here every week.

1  Thank Ginny000
A TripAdvisor Member
Gordonsville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Great bacon cheeseburger and fries! Quiet. Good prices. Would have tried the shakes or ice cream..but was too full!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

My son wanted to stop because of the pin ball games. He ordered the catfish platter and it was yummy. The hushpuppies were the best around. They had corn kernels inside. We had fried pickles as an appetizer. They were like none others that we have had. They were little slivers. It was a nice change. My husband had a cheeseburger and he said it was the best he has had in a while. I had the small BBQ sandwich with okra. All was super good. My son also had a root beer shake and my husband had the hot fudge cake. I noticed they serve dipped cones and then sprinkle nuts around it. That is what I want next time we go back. Everything we very good. The service was very friendly. You order at the front and then sit down and they bring the food to you.

You can also pull up to a drive in box and order to go.