“This place needs better quality food and a new sushi chef”
Review of Tokyo Sushi

Tokyo Sushi
Ranked #118 of 219 Restaurants in Paducah
Reviewed 2 July 2017

I eat sushi at least once a week, somewhere in the US. In my experience sushi places buy a higher quality of seafood. This place has some of the poorest quality seafood I've eaten at a sushi restaurant. The shrimp had no taste and they did not look fresh. The salmon tasted funny. I tried one piece and threw the rest in the trash. I should have listened to what someone of the other people on Yelp said. Once was enough for me!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 10 June 2017

I've been to sushi restaurants across the U.S. and in Canada and my experience here will be forgettable. The sushi was okay; didn't taste as fresh as I'm used to and weren't rolled that well. I arrived about 30 minutes before their closing time and I felt rushed to eat my food. I ordered quickly but the food didn't arrive until after 1:50pm (less than 10 mins to closing time). As I was waiting for my food and while I was eating I heard the waitress mention to a number of people how she didn't want to get stuck there past 2pm because then she can't make it home and back before they reopen. After hearing that multiple times I felt pressured to eat quickly and leave. It was frustrating though because I felt as if they need to make different staffing decisions or stop taking orders earlier if they are going to be stressed about having everyone out of the restaurant at 2.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

I came alone for dinner and sat at the sushi bar. The host looked at me, said hello and I asked to be seated alone. He left me standing and not acknowledging me for about 5 minutes. Try that some time, it is a LONG time to stand there. They were busy and the bar full so I was seated at the worst location in the restaurant, end of the sushi bar by the kitchen and waiter's station. It happens.
I quickly ordered a tuna roll combo that comes with soup, cucumber salad and nigiri. I requested mackerel in my nigiri since it is my favorite. The sushi came first, then the soup and cucumbers dressed with ponzu came together later. The nigiri was excellent. Fish was fresh and a large portion. I enjoyed it. The tuna roll was done well with a good portion of tuna in the roll. The mackerel was great, mildly cured and a creamy mouth feel.
The food was very good. I had to listen to the waitstaff and the kitchen interact where I was seated. It was not good. There was disorganization and griping involved. Not a good atmosphere. My waitress brought my check when I was 2/3 done with my meal, "No hurry," she says. I guess that my presence was an imposition.
In summary, the sushi is good. The staff needs some training. Come here for the meal not the experience.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Clean, delicious, and they substituted spicy tuna for shrimp tempura on request. I ordered Mango Sunrise - very fresh and light, delicious with the spicy tuna. My husband ordered Tataki Roll, very good too. Kids menu, lots of food for a little one but we ended up eating what she didn't! It took awhile to get her rice, but it was good too!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Tokyo Sushi is a great place - best sushi in Paducah. They have an enormous selection of sushi, from typical to specialty. Service is always excellent and the atmosphere is nice - small and generally pretty quiet. Recommend for all those who love sushi, and anyone wanting to try something new.

Date of visit: September 2016

Been to Tokyo Sushi? Share your experiences!