“bring a book to read while you wait”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Pikeville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Reviewed 12 February 2018

This was our third attempt to eat at this restaurant.
We had tried twice to get a table only to be told it would be up to a 45 minute wait.
When we finally were able to get a table, it was a Sunday afternoon, almost immediately after they opened for the day.
First, the waitress seated us a very cramped and tight table, despite it being a Sunday lunch, and the restaurant was not crowded. Then she sat down to take our order, yawned the whole time and wiped her nose with the back of her hand.
Once our order was placed, it was a very very long wait for our food.
Once we did receive our food, it was very good. The only fault I had was the mushrooms on my steak were so so salty, I suspect they had been soaked in soy sauce or something equally salty.
Other than that, it was a decent meal.
The rolls werent hot, and the salad was basically lettuce with some cheese sprinkled over it.
As I said, we were at a tight table and they seated a man next to us, who was almost sitting at the same table, it was awkward for us to converse without including him in the conversation. He was alone and seated at a table large enough for 4 to 6 people.
On the other side was a group of 4, who sat there long after they had finished their meal, all of these factors leads me to believe this is the reason its so hard to get a table there, not that the restaurant is that crowded, but that the wait staff doesnt make better seating choices and doesnt bring people their bill when they can clearly see they are finished eating.
Pricing is about what you would expect from a steak house.
I would go there again, but only if I had plenty of time to kill and was extremely wanting steak, as of right now, it is really the only steak house in the city of Pikeville, there are other restaurants that serve steak, but as for being a steakhouse...this is your choice.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We had dinner on a Friday night, of course it was over crowded, and we had a long wait to be seated. That is to be expected on a Friday night. The waitress was nice and courteous, she took our orders promptly. When my 6 ounce sirloin arrived it was a burnt nugget, (I ordered Medium), sitting on a bed of soggy fries that looked like torn up leftovers from a child's plate. The waitress gave us our orders and hurried off to wait other tables, and by the time the waitress returned to our table, everyone else had finished their meals. I told the waitress I didn't have time to wait for another steak, so the Manager took it off my bill. I left hungry, and disappointed, so I stopped by Wendy's on my way home.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I went with my parents, my wife and children, my brother and his children and a friend of my daughter went as well. It was super crowded, my brother used call ahead seating to get us in sooner. Our group was a mess, it took us 10 minutes to get seated where we could all be comfortable. Our waitress was a jewel. She never rolled her eyes or huffed/puffed. Our gang could have irritated The Best of waitress. We didn’t know who was paying for what, still she did fine. We all ordered and got our food in short time, my mom was hard to deal with and we had a toddler running through the aisles, but she still did great for us. I ordered the tips well done, baked sweet and a ranch salad. There are probably a lot that make fun of my well done tips, but they were great. They were very tender and I couldn’t eat all of them. Very good meal, terrific service. I wish I could remember her name. We used two coupons for two free appetizers. Total bill was 167.00. Dad paid and in all we left a 25.00 tip. Not a bad price for 10.5 people. The server took a lot of the stress away with her patience.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Sat at the bar and received good service. The food came fast and the drinks were cold. Cactus onion is always good and my sirloin steak good. Husband had the roadkill which is his usual favorite. On this visit the place was not crowded and we were the only ones sitting at the bar.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I️ was driving from Cleveland, OH to TN, by way of Columbus, OH. I️ honestly had no idea where I️ was, and there’s nothing along this stretch of road but fast food. There’s basically a wide spot in the road with a shopping center, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Texas Roadhouse. It’s a typical Texas Roadhouse. I️ got a pretty good steak at a decent price. Good service, and great rolls. If I️ have to drive this stretch of road again, I’ll know where to stop.